Register now to get rid of these ads!

Frog Follies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigblockrik, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Labold

Labold

I am planning on driving in from Bowling Green Friday and staying the night so I can be there early for Sat. Guess I need to get on trying to find a room or I'll be sleepin in the '40.

2. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Hi Flipper and thanks. I remember your pics from last year - they were awesome. See you at E'ville !

3. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Wish I could (kids birthday party that weekend. This is always a good time and a great show!

4. Labold

Labold

I am not familiar with Evansville at all, what hotels should I try? I may be too late to find anything at all since I waited till the wk before the show to get a room.

5. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

You name it and it's there......and with 4000+ entries, cars are spread out over the city. The list that came with my confirmation letter shows 38 hotels/motels.
    The Convention and Visitor Bureau's number is: 800-433-3025

6. Our crew is going. You couldn't ask for a better show...

7. I'll be at the Follies on Friday and Saturday. I skipped L'ville this year to attend. I haven't been there since the 25th anniversary, must be over 10 years ago.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Stop by the American Street Rod Association booth/tent.

http://www.americanstreetrodassociation.com/

8. I plan to drive up in the tub. -Might have my poor boy brother Ryan follow in his Studebaker. I had a blast last year, and the part swap was simply great. See you all there.

9. freeflynstl

freeflynstl

Heard that Larry. I'll be heading out early Saturday morning so see you then. Best Run in the Midwest and my first follies was probably 20 years ago. I can't hardly believe it. Still a local car club putting that together. I can't believe they can still do it for those prices. Really a great time.

Andy L. Kaempfer
    St. Louis, MO

10. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I pre-registered the last week possible. My entry number is in the 3400's so it's going to be huge. The weather is forecasted to be lows in the 60's with highs in the upper 80's-low 90's. It'll be a good time. We are leaving Rolla tomorrow morning. We spend most of the day on the road-killing time visiting with other folks in the rest areas along the way.Sam

11. Labold

Labold

Anyone camping?

12. jblev34

jblev34

My family will be there in the Model A. Not camping. Awesome show.

13. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

We will be down by the pond.. See ya there...

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I keep hearing about the Follies from a couple of local rodders that go every year. With NSRA loosing their way I'm looking for alternative ways to participate at an event. It's too late for this year but next year I'll get the information and plan to attend.

Frank

15. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

I live about 45 minutes south of the Follies and I went on the Parkway into my hometown and saw SEVERAL street rods making their way to Evansville. Just wish the stude was done.

16. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

im about an hour or so east and have seen several rolling through town, always a great sight!

17. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I'm getting anxious. We will be there all day Saturday.

I had originally planned on fri and sat, but overshot my bonneville budget. It was worth it.

18. Labold

Labold

Heading out now.
    I've got a sleeping bag, cooler full of beer, 2 packages of peanut butter crackers and one overly clean '40 Ford - see ya there.

19. Headed out in the yella tub in just a bit.

20. Tacson

Tacson

Left work this morning at 12:30am heading straight for Evansville from Nashville. Scored a new chrome grille for a 56 F100 at a great price and walked around a pretty good swap meet. I had always wanted to attend the Follies and finally made it today. Meet a fellow rodder over a cold drink inside the banquet hall. We swapped numbers as he is frequently this way on his way to ATL. I will return again. Tired as all get out but scoring the grille and experiencing the Follies was worth it. Sorta a needed recharge