Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Friends Barn Find 35 Chevy 3 Window Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harleycontracter, Oct 16, 2013.

1. pecdaddy

pecdaddy

I too would drive the wheels off it.

2. I realize it's probably too short of notice, but Jalopyrama #10 is occurring this Sat, 19 Oct, in Annapolis, Maryland, and that '35 Chevy is our kind of car. Might want to keep it in mind for next Oct. We do get a lot of cars that come down from New England. We even have some that are coming from Canada this year.

3. 5window

5window

I don't see a barn. If it did not come out of a BARN, it is not a barn find. If it came out of a barn in 1960 and has spent 53 years being modified, it's not a barn find either. Nice car, though.

4. Model T1

Model T1

Nice car. Had a 1933 Master Eagle with free wheeling.
    Master Eagle: Dual trumpet horns. Two inside visors and two tail lights.
    Those Chevys are every bit as nice as the early Fords but just didn't seem to catch on as rod material. Could be all the wood.

5. Still waiting on the story about the barn...:confused:

6. Model T1

Model T1

I've bought lots of cars from car lots, back yards, and garages. Saw many in barns and behind barns but never bought one.
    However I have a friend in mid state NY who bought an old dairy farm with two very large cattle barns. He now has them full of cars which he fixes up and sells. So I guess those are all barn finds. Of course many may have sat behind or under barns for years before.

7. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

So the barn find story goes like this. The guy went to war in 1943. The car was parked on the upper level on a wood barn floor in Wisconsin. The car was covered all those years in a canvas cloth type material. Sat till 2006 . I gentleman from GA found it went and got it and listed it on Ebay. That's where my buddy ( subneil) found it. The guy who sold it to him delivered it to him in Vermont.

There you have it .............................

8. 5window

5window

I like barns. I have two myself. Both are traditional, being unmodified pre-1949's.

9. Got a picture of the barn?.....:D

10. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

11. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Here it is. He had one the original owner took.

12. 5window

5window

Nice barn

13. bgaro

bgaro

saw that one at the fall out, way cool, just classy. commented at the show how nice it is.

14. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I like it. Don't see many chevys looking like that. great job

15. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I like everything about the car but the wheels and tires. They look too big for my taste. But it's not my car.

16. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I like the coupe and the specifics...

17. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Decide to try to do my 35 sedan in the same theme

18. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Harleycontractor, the '34-'35 Chevy standard coupe was GM's answer to Ford's venerable coupe similar years. That body is reproduced in glass, so that indicates the popularity of it. I missed out on one in San Antonio a few years ago, and am still kicking myself in the ass over the loss. Engine bay will accept huge motors without firewall setback. Drive it like you stole it. That has to be the single most popular coupe built by GM.

19. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

rjaustin421, the standard coupes of '33, '34, and '35 did not have suicide doors. The Master Deluxe did.

20. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

I know this is an old thread, but I'm just now seeing this car. It is sweet!

21. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5window, are you related to Larry King ? Just wunnerin !

22. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ModelT1, my old Dad told about how MOST of the wood-bodied cars went to the crushers when WWII broke out, but even the Model t's were partially spared.

23. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

I want that car SO BAD...

So bad it hurts.

24. 5window

5window

Nah, just thinking we should be listening rather than talking. He's even older than I am.

25. madmike3434

madmike3434

I would not rip the wood out of 33--35 Chevrolet if it was in good or fair condition. Your just asking for a whole lot of trouble trying to line things back up when you put metal in there. great way to destroy a chevy. There is about 4 companies in USA that make complete or partial wood kits for the closed fisher bodied Chevrolets .

next time your at a show ask the owner of a 34-35 Chevrolet to open and close the door and listen carefully too the sound the closing door makes.., its a click and dead THUD

now go find a 33-34 ford and do same thing, sounds like a TIN CAN closing :D

I have done the test side by side.

There is 2 differences from a 1934 Chevrolet standard and a 1935 standard.

#1---the frame, 35 has the 186 rivet X member design and its less prone to twisting.....
    #2 ...2nd difference RADIATOR ORNAMENT mascot

mike :D