Register now to get rid of these ads!

Friday the 13th Art Attack.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by safariknut, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Tried something a little different this week;doing some lines using a combination of 1-Shot and variegated gold leaf.A little unhappy with the results due to difficulty controlling line width of the leaf but it may be due to working on the Lexan or possibly not allowing enough time for size to dry.Whatever;here are the results.Also a birthday card for my youngest,and a cartoon done awhile ago.
    Yeah I know it's early but I have a long day tomorrow so:let the games begin!

2. Happy birthday

3. Stone

Stone

NIce work guys.

4. Michelle got bundled up, measured and cut the 1x1 box tube...

Attached Files:

5. I welded, ground and filed. Together we made a frame for a Value Village bench she wanted to adopt because it was orange. Next stop is Patrick the zinc guy for a nice industrial plating job...

Attached Files:

6. racer5c

racer5c

Safariknut, love the gold leaf!! gonna ramble a little since its late and I can't sleep. I know you all are Hot rodders, but I come from a racing backround and just want to mention a few of the sign painters I grew up watching, and admiring. First on my list is an old guy from Indy, that I used to watch when I worked at the speedway museum when I was in high school his name was George Groober, his hands looked horrible from arthritis and he would actually tape the brush to his fingers. He did all the cars that got restored and were in the Indy Museum. Also a great sign painter in Indy who I still see every once in a while Dale Burton. NO ONE did lettering and numbers like him I used to love to watch him put the "swirl" on the gold leaf numbers. last but not least when we lived in California there was a guy named Paul Knieram, All the best looking West Coast Sprint cars and Midgets were painted by him. Unfortunatley he passed away recently. Anyway just wanted to mention a few of the guys who I used to watch when I was a little kid.

7. Diggin' it! Let's see more!

Attached Files:

8. johnnygringo

johnnygringo
    from Nashville

one of mr.sins pencil drawings
    [​IMG]

9. mikes51

mikes51

Here's an in-progress coupe, still needs a driver, some rear wheel details.

10. truth

truth
    from Boston, MA

here's some stripes and letters that my friend Charlie the One Armed Bandit did for me - sign for my shop, skull for my whip, and lid for me dome. Any northeast guys looking to get stuff striped - lemme know!

Attached Files:

11. truth

truth
    from Boston, MA

skull 1....

Attached Files:

12. truth

truth
    from Boston, MA

back o' the skull

Attached Files:

13. truth

truth
    from Boston, MA

skid lid

Attached Files:

14. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

As promised, practice panel. First time with "real" paint. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. lostparts

lostparts

back drop i'm doing for my daughters play.j-box is about 6ft high and 5ft wide [​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. ss306

ss306

17. ss306

ss306

18. Nice work.

ss306, looks like you've got some skills. Post an intro and tell us who we're talkin' to.

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

yeah your shit's mega cool, but we don't know who you are. INTRO PLEASE......

20. ss306

ss306

So sorry for that, I'm new here...ha ha

I'm from Ontario, Canada and recently found this site. I love the focus on the older rides and the fact that everything's included from drawings to pinstriping to anything else related to the culture...

I would've introduced myself sooner but I spent awhile trying to find this thread again.....I eventually had to type in "art" in the search to find it...? I couldn't find it anywhere from the main page [​IMG]

...anyways, sorry again for the intrusion and there's not much else to say about myself....I like to paint cars and that's about it! [​IMG]

looking forward to chatting more, Steve

21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Where from Ontario?

22. ss306

ss306

From Hamilton, now residing in Stoney Creek.

Hey Brush, I've seen your work in PI's magazine...great stuff!....I'm actually set to have an article in there I think in April or so....never been featured anywhere before this, it'll be exciting when it comes out for sure! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Steve

23. DAMN Mikes51.. nice work! I've done some CG myself, but it's all been basic and I've not done anything as cool as that. You build that model?

Awesome work everyone... love waiting for Fridays to see all the cool art from the boards.

24. plan9

plan9

[ QUOTE ]
    DAMN Mikes51.. nice work! I've done some CG myself, but it's all been basic and I've not done anything as cool as that. You build that model?

Awesome work everyone... love waiting for Fridays to see all the cool art from the boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

id show the 3D stuff i do, but i signed an NDA and my personal work isnt car related [​IMG]

iam about 50% finished with a 3D fenderless pickup model... ill get that up when i get the chance!

25. Background panel done in 1-Shot Pearl.

Attached Files:

26. Where the hell is Ontario, Canada? [​IMG] Just checked out your web site Steve. Nice work. I like the "in progress" shots too.

27. Very nice work Steve!!.....congrats on the up coming profile in the mag.

28. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Bitchn Steve man welcome to the board.