Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<Friday Art Show..first in december>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by himjively, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. W:eek:W dam you have some talent

2. Artboy/Tidwell I dig those radiators big time...

3. very cool!

4. Britt8M

Britt8M

ToddJ--- Thats ok man everybody needs to goof off sometime, I do goof off mostly at work.

5. eye bone

eye bone

Great show folks!

Gary C. Just as point of interest… After Roth "up-dated" the Beatnick Bandit Thom Taylor redesigned the Mysterion and tried to interest Roth in building it… Roth always hated the Mysterion so he turned the project down. So Thom published the art in Street Rodder or Rod & Custom… this would have been the mid 1990's… Nice job on yours though!

Here's some of my old stuff…

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. BiggMike

BiggMike

Here is my Contribution this week. Nothing special just some flames on a bike.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mike

7. Jeral, I knew I had some old radiator painting pics on my harddrive somewhere; swiped them from the web years ago... retrieved the pics now and guess what... they are yours!

8. customcory

customcory

Hey Andy , thanks for putting it on because I almost forgot about it . I guess you been hiding stuff back, holding back on me:D. I like this one . It was going to be the name of my fantasy T-shirt co. I would have someday.Those other two you put on , I guess I smoked too much , I don't remember drawing them.:eek:

9. Super great stuff everybody! Hopefully I can contribute some stuff next Friday!

10. artboy

artboy
    from Kentucky

That's cool... maybe this is my contribution to the art world! hahaha Thanks!

11. Good to have you here Jeral; I've been a fan for a few years already and it's great that the HAMB community can now see how wonderfully original your work is....simply brilliant and inspiring. Welcome aboard.:D

12. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Jeral, That first "Virgin" radiator is absolutely stunning. Love the spark plugs and other details. Unbelievable...

13. Factory 1969

Factory 1969

Great show. Amazing work by everyone again this week.
    himjively - I really like the style of that graphic - very cool
    DutchCourage - great job on the sign. I always love your work.
    jdustu - those are great - love the 1938 HD
    artboy - Welcome - amazing work in every medium.
    Norwell - always a huge inspiration - nice work

Here are a couple t-shirt projects for Factory 1969 and one for a motorcycle shop who carries my stuff.

Cheers,

Attached Files:

14. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Here's my latest stencil/spray painted decks for an art show this Sat. night in Pasadena, CA. called "Movers and Shakers".

[​IMG]

Cheers and great show everyone,
    CAB

15. artboy. i could tell right away by ur paintings that you were into graffiti. it looks like you might be influenced by albuquerques own MIKE GIANT, judging by the looks of the snakes. great art by the way my favorite so far

16. Awesome stuff. You guys are gods of talent!!! I enjoyed every addition

17. stinsonart

stinsonart

Ink drawing for a gigposter
    [​IMG]

Sketch, ink, color seps...
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the Friday Art Fest., Jeral. Your work is intoxicating, to say the least! I've followed your amazing abilities for a while now on your site. Permit me a question if you would...

What type of pen or brush and what type of ink do you use in creating these fabulous pieces?

Bill Stinson

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  18. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Tidwell IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!

Jeral you crazy hillbilly.....how is things??
    Call me...John Mearns

For those of you that don't know Jeral's work, check him out. He is a freak! I mean that with all due respect.

19. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Cab! Those decks are great. Wish I didn't live in the frozen tundra of the midwest, I'd check out your art show. Oh, well, guess I'll go build a snow man or a snow fort! As usual, great stuff Steve!

20. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Hey Jeral, you don't know me but I am the proud owner of several of
    your signed and numbered prints. Been a fan for a long time, keep up
    the great work and Welcome to the HAMB. now I'm gonna go buy a set
    of your brushes. THANK$.

Eyebone, Clysdale and everybody else, Great work.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  21. geckotitan

geckotitan

tidwell i just want to say i purchesed your sketch book a few months back and i am in absolute love with your art! hope you dont mind but they are definetly gonna be inspiration for the hot rod tatto sleeve im starting on my right arm ! great work and love your stuff thanks man!

22. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Almost forgot, Norwell and Schwag- Great posts this week. DAMN! Santa fixing a flathead? How cool Jeff!

Rob- The alien chick and blown saucer are too cool!

23. stacyracy

stacyracy

wow, guys, some awesome work tonite!! heres a guitar I kinda striped, and a sketch I did for "Eve Hell and the Razors", a super rad canadian rockabilly band fronted by the best female voice in rockabilly, I think. it will be on black with a white outer line, and used for t-shirts, stickers, cds....

Attached Files:

24. artboy

artboy
    from Kentucky

Welcome to the Friday Art Fest., Jeral. Your work is intoxicating, to say the least! I've followed your amazing abilities for a while now on your site. Permit me a question if you would...

What type of pen or brush and what type of ink do you use in creating these fabulous pieces?

Bill Stinson

Bill,
    Thanks man!
    As far as inking goes... I use quite a few different markers... no brushes.
    I do use a few brush pens that I pick up when I'm in Japan but the ones I use most are Faber Castell PITT Pens and you can get these just about anywhere... art stores, hobby shops, arts and craft stores... about $2 each
    SUPER black ink. The brush pen tips trash pretty easy so I buy them by the dozen. I hope that helps.

John Mearns,
    DUDE! I thought you got abducted by aliens! Man... I don't feel gay at all sayin' this... I MISS YOU! hahahaha Ok, maybe a little gay!
    I'll call you tomorrow.

25. stacyracy

stacyracy

jeff norwell, you are one talented mofo

26. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

Contents from the bottom of my office desk draw

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008

27. thanks bro!

28. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

Thanks man!

I actually put that in my online store yesterday morning, and it sold in a hour:)

I did a bobber version last night:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Very impressive show as usual guys:cool:

-Josh

29. A lot of great stuff here, as usual!! To much to list! Anyhow, not been so productive. Want to make more of the same stuff as last time. I have a idea for a story...a lot of "shots"...like a cartoon...this is not done though!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.