Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 12/16/16 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Dec 16, 2016.

1. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

2. tinsled

tinsled

Isn't that a Simca Beaulieu with ford originated V8 engine...
    This version must be El Camionette?

Jigger, Frogz, Spoggie and 1 other person like this.
  3. 077.jpg Just a quickie. I was thinking, what if Santa asked the Rat Fink to help him deliver presents on Christmas Eve.

Jigger, ct1932ford, pwschuh and 11 others like this.
  4. KCsledz ,Those Tiki 's are so cool. It gave me an idea for the Rat Fink. He's decorating his tree in a tiki hut. lol 055.jpg Its just to coal here today.

5. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

~Imperial Snow Cruiser~ IMG_3264.JPG

6. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

This is what a photographer looks like when he tries to be a Land Speed Racer.

El Mirage lz.jpg
    And yes there are jack stands holding up the rear

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man I damn near forgot it was Friday lol give me an hour haha

Looking good man! Those 35 wires are a hard one to do, your tonal range is improving noticeably also

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  8. You guys are very kind! I just noticed, that the HAMB Christmas card that I drew, { very late last night} is screwed up. The Gassers have only 3 wheels each. lol I met a fellow HAMB, ER last night. And I drank too much coffee. So I just fixed it, and here's a repost. I need to start proof reading my writing, and the Art work too. SORRY and Thanks. Ron... 090.jpg Ron....

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Alright now I've got something :) knocked these out this week for my friend Bugsy. Last set of ones that needed done by Christmas :)

IMG_4761.JPG IMG_4763.JPG

10. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

11. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

12. Great show guys, sorry I don't have anything drawn I can post. I do have a photo though.. The John Mullen thumbs up award go's to.... The FAS IMG_3345.JPG

13. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Tim...Im still working thru shading. Ive been line drawing then copying so I can try different types of shading without ruining the original....may not be great but I am having a ball.

Ron Funkhouser and Tim like this.
  14. robber

robber

..."Canard"... :) cp 698.JPG

Stogy, oldsjoe, Jet96 and 6 others like this.
  15. robber

robber

..."Marlin the Magician"...:) cp 697.jpg

Jigger, oldsjoe, Jet96 and 8 others like this.
  16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Have you tried cross hatching for shading? Really let's you sneak up on it

themoose likes this.
  17. This gas station tank cap is, I think, the guys initials, which is the fore runner to Golden Fleece.
    An Australian gas company, started in 1916, and ended in 1981.
    It's old, but no idea how old.
    The white one is after white base coat, and I've just finished up the finishing touches to the second pic. IMG_20161214_151036.jpg IMG_20161217_165415.jpg

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    Jigger, oldsjoe, Stogy and 9 others like this.
  18. robber

robber

..."Back Splash"...:) cp 673.JPG

Jigger, Stogy, oldsjoe and 8 others like this.
  19. robber

robber

..."Sea Foam Ford"... :) cp 677.JPG

Jigger, oldsjoe, tb33anda3rd and 4 others like this.
  20. robber

robber

..."Blue Ray"... cp 680.JPG

21. Mr. H C Sledge.
    I'll post a few '57-'64 'Ekka' (home of the Offys) Speedway programme pages with H.C.S/Golden Fleece advertisements, soon as I can

kiwijeff likes this.
  22. Nice.......

23. Finished plaque6.jpg A little something I made for Eagle Field XMas dinner fund raiser made out of B25 pistons.......

Jigger, Stogy, oldsjoe and 7 others like this.
  24. Frogz

Frogz

You're right Tinsled, it's a Simca Beaulieu just in front of the castle of Chambord (which was also the name of a very similar Simca). And, as Chambord is a nice place ("un beau lieu" in french) that's why I've done this poor joke… but El Camionette is really a cool name! :)

Jigger and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  25. Tim could you explain{ cross hatching} thanks. 079.jpg Here is some Christmas cheer. And sorry if you seen these on the decorating with old cars thread. Ron...

26. Hope everyone has a very Merry 023.jpg Christmas. And thanks everyone, for a Fun year on the F.A.S. { robber tell Santa I want that Blue Ray Vette} lol Ron...

Jigger, oldsjoe, Stogy and 7 others like this.
  27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Ron these two photos are the easiest way I can think of. You see it a lot with pen drawings because their aren't many options for tonal scales with a pen.
    IMG_4769.jpg

You can think of "normal" shading as a smear, cross hatch as lines and stipple as dots. Newspapers use a dot matrix set up
    That's basically stippling as well. A quick search for cross hatch images will give you examples like this

IMG_4770.JPG

You could, if you wanted and didn't use a mega hard lead in your pencil, do it like this and then use a blending stump to smooth it out
    Some and lose the lines. You can buy a blending stump or experiment with making your own. They look like a joint but are basically a piece of tightly rolled up paper with varying degrees of taper at the end. You use them to basically smear your graphite shading in a controlled manor.

Something you might not know if you've never done a lot of pencil/graphite or drafting is that while most people only think of led for a pencil coming in different diameters you can actualy get the led in a variety of hardness. You can see where a harder led would make a sharper line but would be difficult to smear/blend for shading. If you've got a cup of old pencils and your just working threw them all you've no doubt found some are different than other even when it comes to wood pencils.

Just some ideas and information since you asked

oldsjoe, tb33anda3rd, JBurt and 2 others like this.
  28. Tim, thanks you for all the Info. That's what makes the HAMB so great. That everyone is so willing to help out. I just use any old pencil. And put more pressure for a darker shading. lol I start very light and use a large eraser when not happy with something. I than darken it more, or use a pen when I'm happy with it. It takes a very long time to do a very detailed sketch. That is why its more fun to do the cartoony stuff. I would like to learn how to do colors. That's where things go bad a lot of the time. The one thing I have, is imagination. But putting it on paper is another story. I like taking pictures also. The fun Artsy stuff. My stuff looks better on the refrigerator, than hanging on a wall. lol Tim I like your work a lot. Your sketch looks a lot like a young Luke Skywalker. thanks. Ron...

oldsjoe likes this.
  29. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ive toyed a bit with it and intend to start using crosshatching extensively. Your example is great....ive told you before I really like your style, and this is the primary reason....thanks again for the tips RonB

oldsjoe and Ron Funkhouser like this.