Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fresno & Surrounding Area HAMB'ers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Muttley, Jun 30, 2015.

1. We tried and had the same experience with poor turnout. Then we went to Saturday afternoon from 5-7 and had a very successful two year run with as many as forty cars. Turns out that doing it later gave everyone a chance to get the chores done and clean up the car. Was also a good excuse to take the wife for dinner. Because of temps there you might want to make it later.

Why it ended is a rather ugly story not uncommon to rival car clubs. We had a great time while it lasted.

2. Baring any unforeseen difficulties, I will be there!

3. Muttley

Muttley

You'd better be, I'm taking attendance. ;) :D

soddruntlestuntle likes this.
  4. Just a reminder to any and all Fresno-area HAMBers, tomorrow morning at 8am-ISH at the usual spot at the SW corner of Cedar and Herndon.

5. Muttley

Muttley

It's the SE corner. ;)

Be there..........................or not, and we'll make fun of you behind your back. :D

6. That was a test, to see if anyone actually READS these posts. Well done.

7. How did it turn out? How about making it monthly, possibly the morning after Rods on the Bluff?

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

- pics?

9. Turned out good, there was five of us there, shot the breeze for about an hour-and-a-half and then went our separate ways.
    Sorry, no pics; I meant to, and then just didn't.

10. BTW, the first Clovis Park in the Park is this coming Saturday afternoon-- anyone heading out there? I've never been, but am thinking about it, anything I should know? They okay with cars under construction?

11. Muttley

Muttley

I may stop by. Unfinished stuff is not a problem. It would probably be a good idea to get there around 4:30 or so.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  12. ya, but Eagle Field is this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Muttley

Muttley

I've got plans this weekend and next. Maybe the 18th?

14. That's LA Roadster show weekend! I'm out of town from Friday.

15. cretin

cretin

Hey Fresno Hambers. I have a friend in the Fresno area that has a Model A frame that he needs to get rid of, but apparently can't find anyone who wants it. I would save it, but don't need it and don't really have the space to store it, so I can't justify the trip to get it. I'm not sure what the condition is, but if anyone is interested, send me a PM and I'll see if I can't put you guys in touch. I just hate to see this stuff go to scrap.

He's also got a 4bbl flathead intake and power master starter to get rid of.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  16. Muttley

Muttley

Next Saturday........................................

[​IMG]

17. Damnit! I swear, I am not going to be able to attend a single non-Rods On the Bluff event this summer... I've missed the past two Clovis Parking-in-the-Park events due to circumstances beyond my control, and now I'm going to miss this one due to being out of town. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

18. Rocco611

Rocco611
    from Madera Ca.

I have room for a frame, let me know

19. Muttley

Muttley

Anyone interested in trying again this coming Saturday?

20. Muttley

Muttley

21. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

My car's in pieces, my bike needs a clutch, and I've been volunteered by my wife to barbecue on Saturday for a big party. I'm pretty much a lost cause.

22. racejam

racejam
    from Clovis, CA

23. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

I may show up. Just to meet the locals,...

24. I'm in @ around 8am. How many donuts should I bring? Don't make me eat a whole dozen by myself.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  25. Crap. I've got two parties at the house this weekend to shop/clean/cook for. Have to take a rain check.

26. Muttley

Muttley

Last call..............

27. Any takers? I'd be keen to meet next weekend if yesterday didn't pan out.

28. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

Well did anything happen at all?

I ended up working on the house all day and then cooking three tri-tips and a big rack of shish kabob to feed a doz hungry people. Lots of people didn't come because of the Heat but it turned out to be pretty nice.

Here's part of my my collection of old Transmissions.
    1472488686719413089124.jpg
    I've been busy moving all the stuff, parts, cars and tools around, because we put in a new shed.
    4084.jpeg
    In the end, I have a lot more room to work on the cars now, and will be encouraged to do more of it.

But there will be other big delays in my plans. My metal and cloth awnings will come down this year, to be replaced by a real suburban carport.

1472488831140-1593605801.jpg

This of course means that everything will get moved again at sometime.
    Twice, at demolition and after Construction.

Anyhow some day I will be able to meet you guys with something to enjoy looking at rather than a Japanese pickup truck.

Also, as I already have 3 closed cars, I've decided that the Plymouth is going to be converted into a 2 passenger roadster.

Plymouth Never Had A Roadster in '47 and I have never seen this done, so I'll be breaking new ground.
    But the body alterations will definitely put it in the full custom category.

For one thing I intend to shave and extend the cowl, reduce the cockpit, build my own Duvall style windshield, Rake the body on the frame, weld the doors up, etc. No handles, no cranks, no Roll-Ups no interior Hardware, no glass except for the windshields.

On the P15 Club I once asked the question, how do you lighten a '47 Plymouth Coupe?

Nobody suggested anything quite this radical I'm afraid. Everyone was sort of offended by the idea that I might try.