Register now to get rid of these ads!

Freight asistance required

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 35desoto, Jan 27, 2011.

1. 35desoto

35desoto

Hi Guys
    I'm buying a manual transmission in Kansas - an Ax15 - and need to get it to Carston in LA - its on a pallet strapped down and all secure - does anyone know of a good transport co or is there any HAMBers travelling this way that would like to earn an extra dollar or two?
    Timing is not the issue - just looking to be cost effective:)

Thanks Brett

2. jjordan

jjordan

I have used Freightquote.com several times and their prices and services were A-OK.

3. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I'm not sure how soon you need it there- I'm in Kansas every month, dpending on where the tranny is in Kansas.

I'll be in Riverside and LA April 10-13th, if that helps

4. phat rat

phat rat

With it on a pallet have the seller put it in a cardboard box and send it UPS. Heck I even shipped a 24 T roadster body that way. I had it in pieces and on a pallet covered 100% with cardboard

5. jim powers

jim powers
    from new jersey

estes express is who i use for my transmission shipments from florida to jersey

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

do a search here for the H.A.M.B. Relay Group. Also, search this subject here-lots of info posted. post ad in Wanted section here.

7. 35desoto

35desoto

The power of the HAMB works in quiet and steady ways

A big Thanks to 38FLATTIE for his assistance - He picked it up in Kansas last month - held it at his place and dropped it to Carson in LA yesterday

Bloody marvellous

Everyone needs to but a T shirt off this guy!

And Christmas will come alittle earlier to me in about 6 weeks time when the container its now in arrives here in New Zealand

Thanks to everyone for their help - our project is another step closer to fruition

8. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Brett, I was glad to help! Hope the tranny makes it to you ok.

P.S.- Your shirt is with the tranny!:D

9. 35desoto

35desoto

I started this buying spree off with some intrepidation and have been very thankful at the honesty and genuine nature of all concerned
    My pallet finally arrived early last week - some two and half months late - shippers in LA missed packing it a couple of times however it has finally arrived - in a condition as promised by Rhad - as packed and in good condition as transportd by 38flattie.
    And the T shirt fits - good quality and my small token of apprciation.
    I can now call this venture closed - and start the next venture in adapting the trans up to my 330 Desoto hemi. Got an adaptor plate, three flywheels and two sets of Pressure and clutch plates to choose from so the excitement continues.

Thanks Guys