Register now to get rid of these ads!

free to young local (Northwest) HAMBer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paul, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

I gotta get better at reading the fine print: "under 25" and "pre 55" (close but no ciggy).
    It's a great offer, I also like the idea to pitch in on the shipping for a right-coast HAMB'er to inherit it. [​IMG]

2. donovandagger

donovandagger

ITS ME!!!! IM 23 and i live in Sacramento Cali... i have a 34 ford pu.... iam buying metal to build a frame soon because i want to z it and do a suicide front end setup... man if th9is doesnt qualify me i dunno what does....lol i will pm you with more info...thanks for the opportunity.

3. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

[ QUOTE ]
    , but I could sure use it for body work on my project

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    My 54 needs some patch panels and holes filled and stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    need to replace rockers

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA, id LOVE to see these cars after they have stick welded the panels in hahahahahaha. WARP CITY!! Ok I guess I dont REALLY hope misfortune on others, but it WOULD be funny! Not to be a smart ass or anything..........

if you guyz dont realize, it would warp your panels SEVERELY using a stick welder. (not saying that I havent done stupider shit though)

Briggs

4. Kustm52

Kustm52

Briggs, it can be done....I've done a lot of patch panel work with my old lincoln buzz box.....it's definitely an acquired touch. a whole lot of little spot welds...running any kind of bead is out of the question. I finally got one of the eastwood stitch welders...made it a little easier. All the sheetmetal work on my '52 was done with it....because that was what I had!

Brian

5. badpat

badpat

if derrick can use it, i can pick it up and deliver for him

6. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

[ QUOTE ]
    I've done a lot of patch panel work with my old lincoln buzz box.....it's definitely an acquired touch. a whole lot of little spot welds...running any kind of bead is out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

holy shit! was there some serious hammer and dolly time in there too? Well, props to Kustm52 for being a REAL traditional rodder and using it because it was what he had. Cool.

7. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    is a buzz box an arc (stick) welder?

[/ QUOTE ]

220 volt AC stick, runs 1/8 6013 etc. real nice

this is not what you need for body work but is perfectly adequite for fabbing motor mounts and such.

like old school.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA I guess thats what happens when I get on the hamb trying to kill a couple minutes, I dont read things carefully enough for it to sink in! God I feel like a dork! [​IMG] -J.

8. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Hey, suppose posting pics of weld work is made a stipulation of acquiring the welder?

9. Flynn's_57

Flynn's_57
    from Nor*Cal

I'm 21,
    I'm LEARNING to weld
    (yea, I know how, but I need more practice!)

And my car is going FULL-ON CUSTOM----
    (The only problem is it's a 57...?)

This WOULD be a BLESSING,
    As I've been hunting around FOR an inexpensive welder...
    If I get it,
    It WILL get used,
    and used ALOT----
    Because I won't have ANYTHING else...

2 out of three....?

10. atch

atch

60's,

i've been informed by another hamber that he also would kick in $25 for shipping as long as he remains anonymous.

anyone else?

11. FeO2

FeO2

I'll kick in another $25 as long as I remain anonymous too. Oops...

12. Kustm52

Kustm52

'tis the season..blah...blah.

60's, with your blessing I will toss in with the welder one slightly used, but still working Eastwood Stitch Welder....it's nothing like a wire feed but it will get the job done if you are patient. I'll cover the shipping on it to wherever the welder ends up going....

That is, assuming I can find it in my intricate filing system (or would that be piling)! I'll see if I can get a pic up sometime today.

Brian

13. kustomd

kustomd

Too bad I live so far away I need one also. I keep having to rent one or find some one who I can borrow one from. I'm 23 and have a 29 model A, chopped 54 chevy that I am just now getting the motor mounts and such set up for the car. I also have a 60 chevy. does that count.

14. Kustm52

Kustm52

To save time...I stole a pic off ebay.

Looks just like this.....
    [​IMG]

Brian

15. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I think it’s cool to see the offers to help ship this thing,

and I wish all you young hot-rodders everywhere- switchbladeteeth, donovandagger, kusomd and all,

the best but,,

what I would like to see is the local scene here encouraged.

This tool can make your serious chassis modifications or fabrication possible,

You could say, weld up a hinge system for a tilt front end, brackets to mount a straight axle, mounts for an engine transmission swap, brackets for mounting a beefy rear end and go racing!

Or step the frame in the front and C notch the rear for a ground scraping custom!

Or like donovandagger said you could build a whole frame from scratch for a real hand made hot rod!

(or even something a little less ambitious) [​IMG]

At this point jcustom is the front runner,

if he turns it down then we ship it.

Paul

16. Paul

Paul
    Editor

northwest guys?

last chance..

17. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

what is a "Stitch welder?"

looks like you put it onto the stick welder clamp maybe ???

do you use filler rods or electrodes, or no rods?

hows it used

18. hightest

hightest

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm 21,
    I'm LEARNING to weld
    (yea, I know how, but I need more practice!)

And my car is going FULL-ON CUSTOM----
    (The only problem is it's a 57...?)

This WOULD be a BLESSING,
    As I've been hunting around FOR an inexpensive welder...
    If I get it,
    It WILL get used,
    and used ALOT----
    Because I won't have ANYTHING else...

2 out of three....?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this thing was up for grabs for the right bike?

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=47852&messageid=1069967092

19. 53_210

53_210

I wish I had a project to use it on, but I don't really NEED it now. By the way, I totally love seeing all this stuff goin to the younger guys (like myself) It's totally encouraging to see people helping each other. Now that I sound lame, 'night.

Derrick

20. k-member

k-member

Paul, JKustom is 22 and trying to keep it alive and was at my house today using my welder once again. I don't mind, but he does live around 25-30 miles away from your town, and would save him many trips to my house and trying find time for both of us to get together and fab and weld. And also he could get his nailhead in his 34 pick-up alot sooner(Maybe by spring) he wants to take it to PASO [​IMG]
    Just passing along a good word for a friend, later
    Keith

21. HEy I'm 19 and here In Vancouver B.C, I have a 1928 Essex to be done up as a '60's show rod and a 62 chevy would I qualify??? I have been wanting to weld for the longest time but can't afford any equipment!

22. <font color="red"> Yes my vote is for Jkustom also.........he is the real deal the kid has a mid-50's Buick, a 34 pickup(project), and another car I can not remember....he does his own shit and has a real passion......you would be kepping the tradition alive with him!!

thanks for listening

Howard </font>

23. Paul

Paul
    Editor

thanks all,

I just pm'ed jkustom,

it's his.

...damn, that was harder then I thought it was gunna be, [​IMG]

Paul

24. Spooky

Spooky

Wellllll....I am 37, but my son is 15. He loves to grind and wrench when we are tackling the Miss Fortune roadster. I have a few contacts around town here who could really teach him a thing or two and it would be a great Christmas present. What do ya say?

25. atch

atch

paul (60's style) - this is a pretty darn cool thing you have done. i hope that good things come your way. you deserve them.

brian (kustm52) - it rocks that you are going to send along the stitch welding attachment. you also deserve good things to come your way.

if there was an applause smiley to attach here would be the place for it.

jkustom - it sounds like you know where you're going and that you're a good choice to receive this welder. i wish you the best and hope that this gift will help you get even more involved with building your rod. like someone above said; post pix of the results, please.

26. Kustm52

Kustm52

Hey Jk, send me some info and I'll see about getting the stitch welder on the way...

Brian

27. CGkidd

CGkidd

Hey Paul cool of you to donate that welder. Jk Hopefully I will actually be able to get around and see some rides soon.
    Eric

28. <font color="red"> I have just one thing to sy..........PAUL YOU ROCK!!!!!.......you could not have given this to a better person...Jkustom is the real deal of a hotrodder and a damn good guy to boot......I know he will use it fruitfully!

thank you again for doing this for a good kid!!!!!

R E D M E A T </font>

29. donovandagger

donovandagger

i would like to make sure that someone more deserving than i recieves this gift.....i kinda failed to mention i work at a rod &amp; custom shop... i have access to welders....i just was interested isn having my own! dont need to be greedy......good luck!

30. wes

wes
    from san diego

glad to see jkustom got it. hes a good guy a could really use it
    wes