Register now to get rid of these ads!

Free GN Roadster Show tickets Sunday -- maybe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by abc123, Jan 26, 2007.

1. abc123

abc123

I will probably have some extra tickets for the Grand National Roadster Show at the Pomona Fairplex. If the people they were intended for don't take them by Sunday morning, I'll give them away at 11 a.m. on Sunday.

Here's how it works: on Saturday night I'll post my cell phone number in this thread but I won't turn the phone on until 11 a.m. Sunday. When anyone calls, I'll advise them of how many tickets I have (could be zero to seven, but will probably be about four). I live two miles east of the Fairplex. If I have tickets, I'll tell you how to get to where I am and I will give one ticket per person in the vehicle. So, don't show up alone and expect me to give you four tickets. Please, no sob stories about why you need more tickets.

My cell phone is rarely turned on (I occasionally use it for outgoing calls). I don't know if it has voicemail and even if it does, I won't be checking it so don't bother trying to leave a message. I'll keep the phone on until I give away all the tickets or noon, whichever comes last.

These tickets are courtesy of a major sponsor and were given to the company I work for. I used one of them to go to the show this afternoon. I don't want any tickets to go unused, but I also don't want to turn this into a big production.

2. marcoman

marcoman

Whoa, what a cool gesture...may the best "HAMB" win!
    ~M~

3. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

Dude i say just give them to me and sleep in on Sunday. I'll take care of it for you......Thats just how cool i am!

4. abc123

abc123

Here ya go: Call me at 11 a.m. Sunday at (909) 472-6797. I'm near Indian Hill Blvd. and Arrow Highway. It's about half a mile north of the I-10 in Claremont. Looks like there will be at least two free tickets, probably more.

5. abc123

abc123

It's 11:04 a.m. Sunday. I've got six tickets to give away -- get 'em before they're gone.

6. abc123

abc123

It's 12:30 p.m. Sunday. One HAMBer came by and got his free ticket. Another called and should be by soon to get one or two. If no one calls before he gets here, I'll give the other four to him to give away in the parking lot. I sure didn't expect that there would be so little interest.

7. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

Thank you very much, the show was great! and what a cool gesture for sure!