Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fred Fleet Model A - Found!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by houseofhotrods, Mar 13, 2007.

1. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Well I don't know if a car can be found if it was never really lost, but Fred Fleet's '28 Model A sedan from either the fifties or early sixties (I can't tell from the dress style) was recently unearthed by a friend of mine and purchased from a collector with a small package of four cars - 3 of them 55-57 Chevy Gassers / ex drag cars. This is a pretty amazing old car pretty much unmolested from the day, other than it was partially disassembled to make a street rod out of in the early 70's. Fortunately they got the car somewhat apart, then stopped. Some parts went upstairs, some downstairs, some in a garage, but all the major stuff was still there, and it never left the place it was taken apart at about 37 years ago. It was found in a state of stillborn molestation as it were. Pretty cool stuff, lots of chrome garnishes, dash rail, etc. A pretty intact and solid old car, the things that are missing are pretty commonplace, like the engine/trans etc. I think a person could install an engine and tranny - do the brakes and have a running driving car. It was found in Southern Oregon not far from Klamath Falls where Fred was a club member of 'Satans Chauffeurs'. I will post more pics as soon as it gets to his house, hopefully Wednesday. Does anyone know Fred? I have heard he was possibly in Arizona and maybe owned or had something to do with a SoCal store there?? Any known info or contact info would be helpful!! All I could find on the web was a ditty on the Fleet Special that SoCal built for Fred Fleet. Here's a couple of pics........ Thank you and enjoy! Tim :) PS - still looking for that coupe in the club pic!

Fred 'under' the hood....
    [​IMG]
    Fred is on the far right in the next picture according to the man who owned the car for all these years.
    [​IMG]

2. alleyoop

alleyoop

Nice find tim,what did you find out on bills 40.dom you been up in van.wash. now down in k falls ,when are you going to olivers in ok. alleyoop aka alley

3. Thats awesome.Gotta like the find stories.And the unmolested bonus too.
    Can't wait to see the pics of it today.....Shiny

4. greenford502

greenford502

re fred fleets a. fred now lives and works in phoenix, az. owns a business called fleet fisher engineering. still has some nice toys including a brookville roadster built about 5yrs ago by so cal automotive. phil sheridan

5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Man, I like that Model A sedan.. so how many of the rides is your buddy grabbing and how many are you... that will allow you to bring a new ride to Puyullap this year

6. greenford502

greenford502

hey fotki, just saw your message on hamb. fred now has in his stable a 1932 ford phaeton. maybe some others by now. his phaeton was in goodguys a few months ago. i used to go to puyallup back in the 19903 but its too far for me now. used to a ford f100 5o2 power. still have it but dont get it out much.