Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods FrankenFord is born

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aarestor, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Amazing! Subscribed.

2. Squablow

Squablow

Great save, I'm trying to similarly piece together a '33 5W. This one looks great all assembled.

3. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From piles to smiles....

4. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Looking good guys.And another"JigSaw"special arises from the scrap bin:rolleyes::p.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

5. Full fendered, un-chopped, YES YES YES. Incredible metal wizardy!

6. Off the chart build from some rough parts to start with......You have skills my man..

7. aarestor

aarestor

Starting a 5W project for another friend. This will be a heavy chop, slight channel, and Hemi powered ride.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71, ls1yj and Squablow like this.
  8. Just saw this! Way to go Gene, but this isn't your first rodeo, is it!! Have you ever kept track of how many of these basket cases you put together in the last 25 years? I see your old roadster in the background on jack stands, what are your plans for that? I thought you were putting together a '34 roadster to replace it?

9. aarestor

aarestor

Jerry: Yes the old roadster is retired right now. Plans for it are to put my blower motor in it and go racing. My 33 roadster is about done, hope to drive it finished to Watertown. Wish I would have kept a better record of all the basket case 32-4's I have done, I do not even remember all of them anymore.

10. Squablow

Squablow

Looks like the 5W project will incorporate at least some 4 door sedan pieces, which is how I'm building mine, I'd really like to see some detailed pics and measurements as that one goes together, it would be very helpful.

cactus1 likes this.
  11. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Looks like 30k in labor to me.

12. Maybe it would be for someone that isn't a friend of Gene!

13. aarestor

aarestor

I would take 30K if some one was willing to pay that. I usually get some where around 10-20k depending on the condition of the original parts.

14. Elvis100

Elvis100

Really nice work

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

15. Amazing work. HRP

16. Gene's been massaging old Ford tin for over 30 years and it would be worth the trip to take your project to him with the bonus of taking a vacation in the beautiful Black Hills while you're there.

Carlos Everhard likes this.
  17. Looks good, roadster to the salt?

18. aarestor

aarestor

New roadster will not go to he salt. Old roadster has seen to much salt. Going to redo old roadster into a street/strip car for Friday night drags.