Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found a racecar in the woods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aceuh, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Needs a good wax job

2. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Derby car bone yard? Cool finds!

3. sololobo

sololobo

Good Luck on that one!! I dig the lightening holes across the back roof!! ~Sololobo~

4. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

[QUOTEOriginally Posted by Tudor [​IMG]

"The fender flairs on that VETTE
    ARE RAD!"

and

Posted by Josh [​IMG]

"You are kidd'n ...aren't you?"

[/QUOTE]
    -------------------------
    No, I think Tudor said it right. In my opinion,,
    those flares on that 'Vette are definitely "RAD".
    But not "RAD" as in 'RADICAL'.....more like
    "RAD" as is 'RAD-ICULOUS'! :)D)

And how about some of the other atrocities
    and assaults on basic engineering, good taste
    and common-sense that someone committed
    on that poor car too? For example, who else
    noticed that the stock steering wheel appears
    to have been cut down with a hacksaw to
    give it the appearance of a dragster or
    funnycar-style "butterfly" wheel?? A 'Butterfly'
    wheel is fine for a dragster that has *less than*
    a half turn, 'lock-to-lock.....but can you imagine
    trying to 'hand-over-hand' a wheel like this in a
    normal car that takes 2 , 2 1/2, 3, or more
    turns 'lock-to-lock' ??!!:eek::eek:

Mart3406
    ===========================

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  5. Barnfind 56

Barnfind 56

I think that vette is a dually :eek:.

6. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Man, that brings back memories for me cause my grandparents had one in there yard just like that but more complete and not as hurt....Everytime i visited my cousins (who lived next door) we would play in it...we even piled snow up over it and slid down it...it was such a kool car...Some kids had jungle jims but we had a vintage race car..lolol...One of my dads buddies in Florida collects those...

7. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

[​IMG]

I had a M-37 like this once...it was a 1942. Flat head Dodge.

8. You CAN do it, resurrecting that '55!!
    A fellow over in Pickens County found the old 1940 Ford race car of Georgia driver Gober Sosebee (a 1950's NASCAR driver) in the woods somewhere in GA. It looked far, far worse :eek: than your Chevy's. It took a while and alot of metal replacement and fabrication, but it is now an authentic restoration of the actual Sosebee car:). Please go for it!

9. theczking

theczking

If theres no usable parts let it Rust in Peace But who knows what these pictures could mean I'd research the track he ran on and maybe some of the old racers he competed against you never no old Bob may still have his car or old Freds wife has a barn full of his old car parts and Sam knows where theres another old 55 could lead to another treasure just my opinion

10. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

The M-37 replaced the WC series Dodge trucks (1941-1949) in 1950. Looks like the red truck may have been originally a front winch model truck. Even small parts bring good money from these old trucks .

11. RE: THE CORVETTE

"I think that I just threw up in my mouth a little bit"

12. scrape

scrape

looks like the yellow 55 had cowl induction.... cool....
    also looks like the doors for the crushed blue 55 are laying inside.....
    what year is that vette anyway???

13. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

super cool! i cant believe your relative survived that wreck!!!holy cow! cool stuff, hope you have room for all of it!!!

14. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

MAN... Are snakes still crawling?
    racinman

15. aceuh

aceuh

UPDATE......

My father was the one supposedly trying to work something out with the relative that had been left to settle the estate of our deceased cousin. I was letting him handle it due to the fact that he grew up with these people and is the same age/generation as they are....Supposedly they were "going to get back with us" about the cars.

I found out today that they were supposedly all given away....and crushed.

As I stated previously, I probably wouldn't have done anything aside from coming up with some wall art from some bits and pieces.... I just hope that whoever these cars were given to parted them out before carrying them across the scales....

16. themachine

themachine

17. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Thats about typical.
    People had probably asked,begged and pleaded to buy them or at least one of them for years and the answer was no out of selfishness or the fear of selling to cheap.
    Some people would rather give something like that away to be crushed rather than see someone else make something out of it that they couldnt.
    Sometime they do it just for spite.

18. Thumper

Thumper

Well..........FUCK !!:( That sucks monkey nuts.

19. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

id disown that band of $%#^%$^$^ lmao

20. Personally I'd confirm that before I just took anyone's word at this point.

There is a good lesson in that relatives or not always, always put a contract on paper even if it's just to get right of first refusal on something.

21. aceuh

aceuh

I'm not out anything...aside from a couple of bucks that I might have made parting out what was left.

My grandmother lives in the same town and is doing quite poorly. Visiting her will put me close enough by to verify the tales of the crusher....not gonna lose any sleep over it though.

22. edweird

edweird

Saw this at a show last sat. It belongs to mr. Joe evans from anderson, s.c. Is this thing beautiful or what.

Attached Files:

23. Trophydash

Trophydash
    from Tulsa, OK

Damn shame......shure woulda' loved to save that dirt tracker.

24. James427

James427
    BANNED

That right there is enough BS to make me dis-own that whole side of the family. What BS.

25. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

26. skull

skull

Drag it outta the woods, title it and make it street legal then drive it to the cruz nights and car
    shows. l know it would be a HUGE hit. my 31 chevy dwarf car and my friends street legal sprint car draw a crowd around them every where we go.

Here in tacoma, washington there is a 34 ford that was a dirt track car made into a street legal hot rod, it is way cool.

Later:cool:

27. Freeland

Freeland

im going to have to steal this line...

28. aceuh

aceuh

It wasn't worth me starting a fight over cars that never belonged to me to begin with. The relative that had em crushed I see about once every other year for about an hour at a time (they live several states away). It's not like we were close or anything to begin with.

I could go through my arsenal of obscenties in an effort to make you understand why I'm not like them. Or in your words "I guess that doesn't make you much better than them". But I realize that doing that would bring me to your level....making character judgements about someone that I know nothing about.

As previously stated I was letting my father handle this, due to the fact that he is of the same generation as the deceased and the caretaker of the estate. They were well aware that we were interested in the fate of the cars and that we were willing to do all we could to help them maximize any potential income they may have provided. Weather they were actually given away or not, and weather or not they were crushed I can't say. I'm only going on what I was told. I made every effort to keep the Hot Rod Karma working in my favor....sometimes things just don't work out like we'd like them to....And that's why good stuff gets crushed...

29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I cleaned this thread up... If you were one of the trash talkers, be warned - the next time you talk trash for any reason, I'm gonna ban your account.