Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found a cache of super sweet vintage speed parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironhunter, Feb 3, 2006.

1. ironhunter

ironhunter

Anybody looking for some good stuff, I found this guy after bidding on some of his stuff on Ebay.

I'm pickin up a Nailhead 6-carb intake with 6 Stromberg 97's off him, and 7 Southwind gas heaters.

Some of the stuff he told me about over the phone that he has is;

a 6-71 blower intake for a 430 Lincoln
    several Y-block intakes, dual quad and the like
    57 Ford steering wheels
    hundreds of nos parts, wheel cylinders, fuel pumps, etc
    and a bunch more stuff that I've already forgotten

He has a 32 Olds 5-window coupe for $7500, beein in dry storage for 25+ years and in really good shape, all good wood, a 46 Pontiac Streamliner (can't remember the price on it but it was reasonable)

He named off a bunch of other stuff but I couldn't write that fast.

He'd rather talk on the phone than through email, but his email address is
    [email protected]

His phone number is 603-382-6277 and his name is Ed Thurston

I told him I'd be posting this message and he said ok. Good guy to deal with and just wants to move all the stuff.

2. When you pic your stuff up ask him if he's got some Enderle Barndoors.

3. Brooding Swede

Brooding Swede

Where is he at-- what state?

4. repoman

repoman

603 is the Boston area.

http://www.lincmad.com/

5. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade

I just called this guy and he named off about 25 different cars. Definitely give him a call.

6. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade

7. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

I'll be over there tomorrow, its only a few towns away.

8. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

I'll be over there tomorrow, its only a few towns away. Already has several items put away for me. Come to find out he is friends with guys I used to race with and their wives baby sat him! Another good friend lives in Eds grandfathers house.
    Its a small world!

9. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade

It sure is. I think I'm going to buy a car from him. Just waiting for the pictures.

10. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade

THIS IS THE CORRECT E-MAIL ADRESS!!!!!!!

[email protected]

The other one is not correct. For any one who has requested pictures from him, you should do it again.

11. repoman

repoman

Yeah, like I said:) Boston, New Hampshire! LOL.

I knew it was NE, I suppose I should have looked it up on the reference chart I posted myself.

12. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade

LOL. You were close enough so people would get the general area.

13. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

Haha... NE is Nebraska. NH is New Hampshire (or New Hampster) I'm surprised I've never heard of this guy... I'll make a trip from Dover soon. Sounds like the way the old junkyard I grew up going to used to be. He had barns full of NoS stuff and model A's lined up by the dozens. Everything went a bit south for him and he sold almost everything for $50 a truckload, no matter how high you could pile it. Nice to hear there's still stuff out there...

Jonny

I knew it was NE, I suppose I should have looked it up on the reference chart I posted myself.[/QUOTE]

14. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Holy shit. This guy has some cool stuff. Just emailed him. Couldn't raise him on the phone.

15. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

"Error, the mailbox you are emailling is full......"

"Beeeep, Beeeep, Beeeep, the # you are trying to reach has worn out......please try again in three years......"

16. ironhunter

ironhunter

I told ya! (In the background I hear "Oh thank you IronHunter! You are so awesome for sharing this info instead of buying it all to make a mint off it on Ebay!") hehehehe!

Sorry about putting the wrong email address in the original post...that was to keep you guys from hoggin up all the good sheeyat. :) No, seriously it was a mistake on my part.

I'm telling you, I was overwhelmed when he started telling me all the stuff he had. I couldn't write fast enough and my jaw was hangin to the table.

good to see some of my ol' buddies are still hangin around on here (286merc, repoguy)
    Hey, Repo, you still want that 455 Buford sittin out here in the Wildcat?

17. 65LTD

65LTD

We went and saw Ed today. Nice guy, has lots of stuff for sale and is tracking down more. Unlike a lot of guys, most of it for sale.

Here are a few pics of stuff that is for sale, there was more that was sold or seem to be "keepers". There's a 20's Olds coupe for $7500, a '64 Ranchero with 302 and discs for $4500. An Austin sedan for $4500, a '46 Pontiac with virtually no rust and all the sheet metal for $3600 (don't know if that includes the Corvette TPI motor on wooden blocks sitting in the engine compartment). A '57 Plymouth Suburban wagon for $6500, and another early 50's 2 door Suburban. A 1955 Buford moredoor, and a whole bunch of Nash Metropolatins. Lots of sheetmetal and other parts. Don't quote me on the prices, I've got CRS and am doing this from memory. Contact Ed by phone for more info.

Attached Files: