Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found a 57 Chevy in the woods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiat128, Sep 2, 2008.

1. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

I found this in the woods of NC a while back and thought some of you'd like to see it. It's in a creekbed and half buried in ground. It's in really rough shape but there's alot of good trim still on it so I'll be going back to scrounge parts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best part is that the steering wheel is not cracked so I'll be getting that first.

[​IMG]

When I was looking inside it, I saw something odd

[​IMG]

Oh, OK - Now I know how it got in the ravine:D

[​IMG]

2. Okay, which one of you Hambers was going to go back and restore this one?

3. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Funny looking candleholder?
    He he he

Cool find! Lotsa neat pieces on the old girl yet.

4. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

If it has the original jack, grab that--they bring decent money.

An uncut radiator support is good too. Though that one look burried.

Electric wiper motor, too.

And obviously, though nearly impossible to check, if it's got an original P-stamped posi case, those are all "Corvette Posi" on ebay! And priced accordingly.
    -Brad

5. TbirdGirl

TbirdGirl
    BANNED

hahah..wow..i was like "aww thats so sad to see that there and ruined" then I saw the bong pic...lmao Thanks for posting this!!

xoxo

6. gonmad

gonmad

what?!!?! The bong!?!?!?!?

7. Squablow

Squablow

The belair dash trim and window surround stainless is worth grabbing too, good to see that it'll go to good use.

Just make sure you have permission from the land owner to be pulling parts off of the car. Stealing ain't cool even if the car was abandoned.

8. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

ill give ya ten buck for the neat-o vase!... and get the steering wheel.

9. oh yeah.the fact of stolen "joy ride" cars in the 70s........what no 8-track player

10. Thumper

Thumper

Shit man.........I can fix that..:D

11. rustycarr

rustycarr
    from TX

umm, how about who's car is this? good way to get shot where i live..

12. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

The car is located on private property (belongs to a museum) and I have permission to take what I want.

Having been on the receiving end of car part pilferers, I don't think it's too cool to go around swiping other people's parts.

I'm not going to get to the rearend or the radiator support without alot of shovelling. It's buried up to the top of the front fenders! It's real wet there too so I'm pretty sure anything not sticking up is toasted.

Squablow, what's the best way to get the trim off the driprail and windshield without screwing it up? I can't get the doors open on this thing and I'm too fat to do a "Dukes of Hazzard" anymore.

13. it can be done , im not admiting anything:rolleyes: im just sayin!

14. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Steering with the knees while looking down all stoned eh? Yep, easy way to end in the creek:D

15. I can rebuild that bong..

16. i didnt say it was a perfect plan:D

17. That reminds me..... Cheech and Chong are doing a tour again! Does Tommy have parts? Or did the feds get them all? Were Harold and Kumar in on the bust? Oh, the questions,the questions!! AND on top of all that,DAVES NOT HERE!:D:D

18. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

old car in a creek facing nose in coming off a steep hill...... I don't think you found a chevy, I think you found the scene of the crime.

19. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Please dont do a post on whats my Jack worth...
    Dave

20. Look out for them local guys(? )..... Think "ya got a purty mouth"..... Squeeel like a piggy now.........

21. check out the 57 i found last week!
    look closely in the middle of the pic.
    [​IMG]

22. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

There is a 57 2 door post sitting on its roof in a rivine near a very popular lake a little south on me,I found it in 78 when we stopped to pee after a day on the lake and it was still there back in the mid 90s. Jeff

23. Squablow

Squablow

I think the windshield trim you can take off by cutting the windshield rubber out, then if you have to, punch the glass out. Should come off. As far as the stuff on the doors and such, you might want a cordless sawzall to whack the tops of the doors right off. Without being able to open the doors, I don't know what the easiest way would be.

24. scotts52

scotts52

What a 2 door post worth all stripped? I was told of one out in the woods that I need to go check out.

Good ole Corp of Engineers work. How many old cars were buried for those projects. Ouch!

25. Trent_A

Trent_A

I could use the Vin tag if you get the door open.

On second thought maybe I don't want to mess with it, my luck it's a stolen car.

26. I think that i could get those cars with my winch truck. Lots of good parts on those time capsule,s:eek: OldWolf