Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Found 32 roadster with history???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bear Metal Kustoms, Feb 13, 2009.

1. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

I'm not quite sure why the price has to be a secret till you get opinions on what it's worth, Whats the difference, it's worth what somebody will pay for it. Whats junk to one will be a treasure to another.

This is like all those secret junk yard threads that we aren't allowed to know where they are, but the poster has no intentions of buying anything from them.

2. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Ummmm. Yeah. Right. $50K to restore it? Might cost that for a checkbook hotrodder to do it.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well it's not for the guy who wants a period correct car but there were a number of similar cars in the magazines back when. Meaning Severely channeled, welded doors and welded on fenders.

If you are looking at it with the idea of what you would have to undo to get it back "right" it's the wrong car but if you look at it with the idea of cleaning up what's there now and making a car out of it that was on theme with what the original builder had going it will work.

I can see it being worth somewhere between 3500 and 5k now if all the extras are in good shape. It would take a guy who has the skill to do everything with the possible exception of paint and upholstery in his own garage to make it work within a budget though.

4. crossroads

crossroads

Well said.

5. 392_hemi

392_hemi

I guess if the 1000 or so hours you'd have to put into it aren't worth anything, then the cost is next to nothing.

6. Youse cali guys are spoiled

figure 4-6 grand ???? For it and patch it up and drive it
    so " whats in yer wallet" is the key
    who says all cars have to be perfect unrusted original tin as a start

play as you can pay ...
    Someone will always have one nicer or "done right"

if this car was found in some little pages ..
    Youse guys would be offering all the period stuff to put it back the way it was .

AFTER SEEING SOME OF THE BEAUTIFUL CARS STITCHED TOGETHER FRANKINSTIEN LIKE FROM MULTIPLE DONORS ON HERE ... WHY IS THIS CAR IS NOT DOABLE?..

I know finding this around here... It would go quick..

This car is how old with a clear title?

Guess that money is real tight when it comes to rust these days:)

7. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Ok....here is the rest of the story... This was an old 50's build..It is an original roadster. It is crude by any standards.. I would not try to re-open the doors or anything... The guy wants 6500.00 for it.. I have a full shop to do all the work... The only reason I was even thinking about it... is that... it represents a period in time when guys used what they had and that wasn't much in Hawaii...The olds motor is a 1950 motor and he has the flywheel, bell housing and trans for it. He also is including another rearend that is open drive... Jason.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  8. 2-TONED

2-TONED

give him 6k you wont ever loose on it.

9. Okay someone break this down by the peices
    body
    frame
    engine
    title
    extras
    etc

?????
    Is its priced right ?
    Hmmm we all can't get em for 60's prices !

10. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

Most cars that spend 50 years in Hawaii don't survive well in their cilmate, $6500. for a major project seems like a lot for what I see in the pictures, I looked at a model A Woodie in San Jose 2 years ago that you could not put a dollar bill flat against it any where and not find rot out are you ready for that?..:eek:

11. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

WOW:eek: am I reading this correct 20k for a 32 roadster? Is that the value your putting on it when restored? What?? Brookville is the same a a Ford?? Not:D I dig the old gal and would love for her to sit in my garage and be willing to spend the 1000 hours to fix her up! Hell ya!! Please let me know how I can buy her. :D

12. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Well said.

Quite suprised by how many people line up behind somebody that's starting with a hubmobile cowl that laid in a creek for 40 years, versus how many people are lining up behind a genuine deuce roadster.

I'd bet somebody wanting to build a salt car out of a gennie deuce roadster would think about it real hard. Prolly a poor choice for much other than a racer.

Don't really know that I'd agree this car has history. Knowing it came from hawaii doesn't really say anything about the car's timeline, purpose, or use. Just means it's familiar with the scent of grilled spam.

Interesting car fo sho!

13. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Jeeze, some of you sound like "creditcard rodders" & "decorator-contractors" to me! Talk of gettin' your hands dirty and patch panels, to what, return it to someone's ideal of a '32 roadster with all the "correct" jewelery?
    And Brookville'32s, albeit great renditions of Henry's metal, are NOT real '32s!

This "vehicle" is what it is.....6K if it has paper.

Swankey Devils C.C.

" It's time for another Tea Party !"

14. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

No SPAM intended.. I am intersted in buying this car or passing on the info to another HAMBer. The car was built in Hawaii for two brothers to cruise around the island..It never was a show car. It was just two brothers home built hot rod in the 50's.. The funky looking box on the floor between where seats would be was their beer cooler..I am kinda a gluton for punishment... Here is the last 2 rust buckets we built... made all our own patch panels, doors, wheel wells, roof,deck lids for both cars, etc.....1927 chrysler coupe and a 60's built body mixing dodge tub with ford roadster quarters.... Jason..

Attached Files:

15. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

This car has plently of soul and should be restored to its 1950's glory.

I cannot believe the amount of whiners on here that think that every '32 needs to be a virgin and an investment.

Is that why we do this to make money???

This is a traditional website and this car is as TRADITIONAL 1950's style '32 Roadster as it gets.

I hope someone buys it and puts it on the road just to piss off the nay sayers.

Jason,

Please let the real hotrodders on this board have a chance at this car before it is whored out on ebay for parts.

Hope you enjoyed that Red Ram Hemi I sold you years ago.

Tex

16. crapshoot

crapshoot

At 6 grand you wouldn't be loosing out, one thing i would do first is fix the radiator shell and shorten the steering column and it really wouldn't look to bad. and ya wouldn't really kill the 50 circa rod theme too bad.it surely is one of a kind

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

I think "History" is being overused in this thread, just because the owners ID from 1956 is known doesn't make the vehicle (any vehicle) historic. It is worth what the buyer pays for it.

18. 392_hemi

392_hemi

I suppose if you like ape hangers you'll like the steering wheel location on this one.

19. Molded rear fenders? ... how lame is that! :rolleyes: :D

HAMBer fordb132 (the "Norwegian Blacksmith") would have that thing back to its 50's glory in a few months!

20. Stop procrastinating and buy the fucker you obviously have the skills and it is a real '32. Imagine a nose bleed 60s drag roadster. :D:D Just do it!

21. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

You california guys are spolied.... if you want REAL steel, from the 30's especially 32-34... thats as good as it gets around here. I would not be scared to put it together. You may not be able to build it for a profit if you take count for EVERY single hour spent, like you would in a business enviroment, but for myself, I would put it together. We have saved worse, you heart has to be in it, but its rewarding and fun to finish something like that.

22. mecutem

mecutem

I feel 6500 is a good buy. I know a week of shop fun would bring the ebay value over 10,000. Not change much just clean it up a little. I remember the days before brookville made the repro roadsters. I wanted a duece roadster sooooo bad. I remember one showed up at a local swap meet and the guy wanted almost 10,000 for it. This was maybe 15-20 years ago. There was 2 inches of tar over all the insides of the panels. Me and a few other 32 guys just kept walking around the car thinking HERE IT IS! a real 32 ford roadster but just couldn't justify the money. I think the fella did a trade deal. Lots of potential I think with your roadster find. John in Chicago needs it..........hook him up. Steve

23. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

It seems that you and I are in this hobby for different reasons.

24. VonKool13

VonKool13

Just build it as a Rat Rod, and start a new car club. You can post on here that your starting a club and ask for opinions on names for your new Rat Rod club. WOHOO...:rolleyes:

25. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

It's called "talking the market down" .They all have $20,000 but the original poster says "the guy isn't intersted in this car". So the cheap skates instantly think..OK,I'm the hot dog wheeler dealer (in my own mind) here so i'll say it's worth peanuts.
    look around the HAMB at any rusty old 32 and see if they changed hands in the last 10 years for less than $5000 .
    These are the same guys who get run off by us grumpy old men because we are sick of their inept bargaining methods when confronting us about cars for sale. Get real boys,you're playing with the big guys now.

26. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I have got lots of pms wanting the number of the guy..I am still looking at my budget to see if this is doable right now or not..... I collected parts for the red ram but then went a diff. direction. I sold the hemi to a HAMBer just for what I had into it.... Jason

27. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

You guys didn't see Ricky Nelson sitting in there did you? Too bad as someone will do this car up just like it was and put it on Ebay as "I think it was one of the cars Ricky Nelson used to bomb around Hollywood in". Is the picture getting any clearer to you guys? I predict that within the next 5 years some serious money (relative) will pass hands for this car. who's going to take the challenge?

Frank

28. aussiebill

aussiebill
    from Australia

What a bunch of nose picking cheap skate whingers and self appointed arm chair experts, who spoil this site. If they cant afford it or have it then talk it down!

29. Thumper

Thumper

Shit....I'd get that thing up and running and drive the wheels off it...:D

30. Concrete B

Concrete B

buy it and build it, fuck all the whiners in this thread. Line me up a rusty original and a shiny brookville and I'll take the original. I've never needed a deuce bad enough to buy a repop, but if thats your thing I won't hate on you. If it were near me and the price was right, I'd be on it...driving my ugly deuce past all the homes of people that with they had any deuce at all.