Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found: 1960 Yakima Autorama "Best Rod" Trophy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34andy, Feb 28, 2012.

1. 34andy

34andy
    from WA

I found this old trophy at the Puyallup, WA swap meet a few weeks ago.
    I looked at the bottom and figured I'd do a little research. Here's what I found -

Keith Treece owned & built a lavender 1932 roadster and it appeared in Hot Rod Magazine Febuary 1961 and Car Craft sometime in 1965. The car was restored back to it's 1960 configuration by Greg McComas of Loveland, CO who showed the car at the GNRS in 2009.

Rod & Custom Article: http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/featuredvehicles/0901rc_1932_ford_roadster/viewall.html

FYI, I am currently trying to track down Greg to reunite the trophy & car.

-Andy

Attached Files:

2. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

What a find, Im sure the currant owners day will be made when you get a hold of Him......JOHN

3. AZbent

AZbent

That really is nice of you to try and find the current owner of the car. I'm sure they will really appreciate it.

4. Don Lyon

Don Lyon

Don't know where in WA your located, but check with members of "Vintiques" in Yakima, probably some of them can help.

5. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

thats neat... cool find and even better for getting to the owner.

6. 34andy

34andy
    from WA

UPDATE:

I found Greg's email address & he responded!

It is even better that he didn't have ANY trophies for the car.
    This should really complete his display at the next car show!

-Andy

7. This is cool. Didn't know about this show. Neat story. There is a new indoor show in Yakima this year.

8. Andy, your research paid off and its great to hear what had been in my collection for sometime will be reunited with the restored car.

9. thats a very cool thing for gregg to be reunited with, nice work andy....

10. I bought the Roadster from Keith Treece in the late 60's. I owned the car for over 30 plus years and sold it to Greg McComas the current owner. What a great trophy. I hope it ends up with the car. That is one cool trophy. Rick Rennebohm (360) 679-4127

11. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

What a great story. Just another part of the history of the machine. Very generous of you to locate the owner of the car.

Of course it would have worked out better if he had offered to reunite the car with the trophy!!