Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Forty fender gender changer -EMS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by treb11, Nov 12, 2014.

1. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Has anyone ever used EMS rear fender patches to make 42 - 46 pickup rear fenders work on a 40 -41? Does the patch section match pickup running boards? And yes, I will ask EMS directly too.

2. cannuk

cannuk

Yes i would like to know also!

3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Hmmph. I thought the changing of 'Fender Gender' was accomplished with the addition of skirts.
    Viable argument. :cool:

This post caught my eye, as I have a story to attach...(don't I always?)
    My Dad was killed in '54, my Mom was an attractive widow.
    One of Dad's 'friends', a jerk with 2 unruly teenage sons and an absentee wife that had run off with a Slim Whitman yodeling country singer type...
    Well, Melvin was visiting every other night or so, right around dinnertime.
    Mom was as gracious as she was pretty, I was 12...and I had ol' Melvin's number.
    One night he 'dropped by', parked his '37 Plymouth coupe on the wrong side of busy Lincoln street, right in front of our palm trees...
    The homely Plymouth Coupe was sporting a new pair of skirts, which Melvin was anxious to point out.
    "C'mon, Eldine...Take a look at my Plymouth. I 'made a GIRL out of her'."
    I was sure to walk out front with 'em, just 'cuz'... The Plymouth had some skirts all right, but at stock height they looked hideous.
    "How do you like her?" Mom just laughed, being polite...
    I said "Skirts won't get the ugliest Plymouth a Ford dance," not realizing the impact my adolescent wit had fired.
    Anyway, Melvin ceased coming around after that.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    stillrunners likes this.
  4. ems customer service

ems customer service

our #40 fender patches do work on 38-41 ford pick up trucks, matches the running board perfect, the issue is the p/u fender is wider than the car and has different style bolt flange, so you will need to add some flat metal to the patch to increase width. www.emsautomotive.com

fyi: customer service would not know much about this custom app so don't ask them

the ems guy