Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Foreign Policy

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Ah - Blackbushe, the 1st British International Drag Festival. Wasn't born till a year later, but I've heard it. Friend of mine lent me a 12" vinyl recording of the event. Clipped BBC style commentary and a superb interview of Tommy Ivo by a Mr. Sydney Allard interspersed with recordings of Harleys racing against Vincent sprint bikes and rocket karts for an hour. Like cricket on the radio. Brill.

2. flamingokid

flamingokid

My sentiments,exactly.I spend just as much time with Vintage Jap as I do with Hot Rods.And being a former CORD owner,amongst other fabulous cars,I like going to the Concours just as much.And even though Phoenix is a cultural wasteland,It does have one of the best car shows at the Scottsdale Pavillions every Saturday afternoon/evening.You can see Jalopies,Hot Rods,Rolls Royce,Porsches,Classic Muscle,Low Riders,Tuner Cars,Vintage Jap,German,a ricer with an afterburner buillt in to the trunk,Model A's and T's,Rock Crawlers and anything else you can imagine.And best of all,everybody is into sharing for the most part.A hopped up 356 gets me there just as quick as a '32 Roadster.And why should I have to choose?

3. Ah Blackbushe, I used to live about 5 miles from there. Although I wasnt born then I have some old great photos of the 64 Dragfest - when I get back home from business at the weekend I will try and scan some in.
    I believe Blackbushe closed in the mid 70's as a drag strip, it still operates as a private airport now.

Had a few Porsches as well, and even a 993 GT3 - German version of a hot-rod.... Great cars especially the air-cooled ones.

Still prefer my 33 coupe though :)