Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford truck gurus; mono Spring advice needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Hi fellers, in need of some help here. The front springs on my 54 panel have been seriously messed with in the past (de-arched, re-arched, leaves removed and God knows what else) and finally given up the ghost. I mean, they are flat with no springing them at all. She is obviously a lot lower than stock but by how much exactly I couldn't say. I am considering for the sake of an easy life going with a mono leaf kits to replace them, one that centres the wheel in the front wheel arch. I've included a link to the kit that I want to use below;

http://www.performanceonline.com/1953-56-Ford-F-100-Truck-Front-Mono-Leaf-Spring-Set/

This leads me onto two questions. Question one, given that I have 2 inch drop spindles, and want to maintain the ride height shown in the photo below, should I go for the 3 inch or the 4 1/2 inch drop option?
    Question two, does relocating the axe 1 inch forward require any special magic trickery, or should the new kit do it automatically?
    Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    Paul

[​IMG]

2. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

Don't have any advice, just thought I'd say nice ride.

3. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the compliment and bump! Oops, another bump
    Paul

4. FityFive

FityFive

Contact Mid-fidties F100 Part (1-800-252-1956) as they have exactly what you are looking for.

http://midfifty.com/

5. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

You beat me to it.
    Every time I see it there is something new I like about it.

6. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Hey Krip, I'm running mono leafs in my 58 F100 I also recently installed a Sids Drop Axle. I can tell you if I had to do it all over I again I would do a few things differently. The mono leaf springs make for a fairly bouncy ride and I always have a fear one will break especially after nailing one of Connecticut's may pot holes. My recommendation would be a Sids 3" drop axle with a set of new leaf springs, reverse the eyes on the springs and remove one leaf. My friend Jamie's 59 F100 is set up this way and it rides beautifully. There is a night and day difference between the two trucks. eventually I plan on switching over to the same set up. I have a 59 @ New England Speed & Custom which we will be doing the same thing. I've attached a pix of Jamie's 59 so you can see the ride height

Attached Files: