Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford tripower gurus - need some info.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustyford1, Oct 19, 2004.

1. I picked up a 3-2 intake(Edelbrock) for my y-block at the swap meet over the weekend. It came with 3 Ford three bolt carbs.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They all have EGC on one side. The center carb also has a 5 under the ECG. I've never messed with these type carbs before so I need the skinny on 'em. Good,bad, indifferent. Should I use these carbs or find something else? Also where is the best place to get rebuild kits and linkage?
    Give me the lowdown please.

2. Over here in the Pacific Northwest we have an old timer named Doc Floyd. He's a Flathead Guru, been drag racing them for 50 years and a few weeks ago in Bakersfield did a house cleaning again with his F.E.D. He knows all the speed tricks, what works and what don't. He also rebuilds carb's as part of an on going buisness/hobby. Being an older guy he hasn't gotten into the compuiter age. If you want to contact him I can P.M. you a phone ##. He can also tell you if what you have will do what you want.
    The Wizzard

3. That would be great. PM me with his number when you get the chance.

Anyone else have some ideas.

4. <font color="red">NO NO NO ......they are super shitty ....never cool ......send to me and I will dispose of properly!

R E D M E A T </font>

5. Let me think about that a minute - Uhhh- No! [​IMG]

6. JSM56

JSM56

those carbs came stock on y blocks from ford, i just rebuilt one yesterday, and they are very simple.dont know about linkage though, or how to run them progressive or anything neat like that. but i do know that rebuild kits are pretty easy to find.

7. himmelberg

himmelberg

Nothing will make your y-block look cooler. I have been assembling parts and info on this since mid summer. It is worth the trouble. First, rebuild all those carbs. I would put each one on your single deuce manifold and see that it works, doesn't leak. Then find out everything you can about power valves for the end carbs, try 4.5's to start. Set it up with progressive linkage for the street. Get your ignition in order... try it. Never quit the research. Over time I have gleaned much from information... some good, like stuff from 286merc and some bad, like a HR mag article from Dec '58. In the fullness of time someone will assemble the definative text on this setup. Till then, I'd go at it a step at a time and you won't be undoing things like I have all summer. best. himmelberg

8. Fidget

Fidget

Hey Wizzard! Where's this guy located? I'm in Oregon City, I was going to tear into my 94's for my Y-block tri-power over the winter.

9. BTTT for some more advice.