Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Ford Trim Source

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by huevosrancheros, Dec 12, 2018.

1. huevosrancheros

huevosrancheros

Gentlemen,

When I bought my ’65 Ranchero, it was missing just about all of the exterior trim. I can locate just about all the badges and emblems that I want/need, however I’m having a hell of a time trying to locate the moldings. More specifically, the style of moldings pictured below.

upload_2018-12-12_9-43-32.png

I’ve been able to find a smattering of pieces on Ebay, but it’s usually 1 fender molding, or one door molding, but I have yet to come across the long piece that fits on the passenger-side bed. I have just about exhausted my googling abilities so I seek the help of the HAMBers:

Does anyone have a source for these or know someone who might?

PS – I wasn’t sure if this exactly qualified for a ‘WTB’ posting, so if I posted this in the wrong section, I apologize.

Thanks!

Chris

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. RmK57

RmK57

It's not reproduced so your going to have to be patient. I ran into the same problem with a 1958 Edsel Villager wagon side moldings. Eventually I did get what I needed from craigslist in central Calif.

3. Set up an eBay search and be patient. Check it once a week or so.

4. Might want to put location down. There probably won't be anyone up north willing to trudge thru the snow and cold to take off a piece of moulding.

5. huevosrancheros

huevosrancheros

I was afraid that patience was going to be required. Bummer.

On the bright side, I have enough bodywork to keep me busy this winter while I wait.

Also, thanks for the heads-up rust runner, I thought I had my location listed, but apparently not.

-Chris

6. There is a guy on here that deals in stainless trim...not sure if he would have what you are looking for but he might know someone who does.
    Maybe @chevsotolac will see this and chime in.
    Chappy

7. huevosrancheros

huevosrancheros

Thanks, Chappy.

If he doesn't see this, maybe I'll shoot him a PM.

8. vintage6t

vintage6t
    from CT

Find a Falcon/Ranchero specific internet forum. Post a wanted ad there, check out thier for sale and participate a little to network to see who might be stashing parts or parts car. That's how I found all the missing and hard to find trim for my wife's 62 Rambler American. In fact after about 4 months I scored a very complete parts car. Buying the whole car probably cost 1/10 as compared to buying the parts individually.

Did a similar thing to get almost all of the chrome trim for my 50 Desoto. I bought a guys lifetime collection of parts. Picked though and got about 95% of the chrome I needed in really nice condition. Then sold off the difference of trim and mechanical parts. It took some time and effort but that put me in the black on the whole deal and I'm still selling off stuff here and there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Check on The Ford Barn too. They have a decent classified sell and wanted section. I got parts for my '59 Ford there.

10. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Hey huevosrancheros, there is a guy in Ohio that deals in nothing but falcon/comet. He is at Carlisle every year for the Ford show. I'll see if I can round up his name and number and get it to you.

11. Took me 7 years to find the 1954 Ranch Wagon script which is different from the 52/53 and then I had to have it re - chromed.

You got to have patience and keep looking when the pieces you need are not being reproduced,

Have you tried the The Ford Falcon News website? HRP

https://www.tffn.net/