Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Ford T Coupe help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fun671, Jun 28, 2015.

1. fun671

fun671
    from Australia

Hey All,

Can anyone tell me if there is someone that makes repo 26-27 T Coupe forward door posts? Or are they the same as the 28A Tudor or Coupe forward door posts?

Thanking you,

Josh

2. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

Hello fun671, I'm unsure wich specific part you are asking about. Are you asking about the main posts on the cowl where the door hinges mount inside of? or, are you asking about the front door frame part of the door? post a picture & I will try & help.

3. fun671

fun671
    from Australia

Hey chessterd5,

Yes the main posts on the cowl that the door hinges mount to is what I am asking about.

In the past someone has has cut one my door posts and welded it up nastily.

Cheers,

4. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

Okay, to answer your original question to the best of my knowledge, I don't know if anybody makes a repop cowl post. I would check the internet & see. Macs Antique Auto may sell originals.
    A) If its a reproduction there is always the chance it will not be all the way right or complete cause the door hinges mount INSIDE the post at 3 specific locations to mount the door on. As well as attach to the windshield header, the upper door opening frame, & cowl itself. If any of these areas are off, you will have door & body alignment problems. The part will only be as good as the manufacturer.
    B) I do not know about the 28 A Tudor posts, but I do know that 1928-29 model A pickups had the same doors as Model T coupes, so the cowl posts themselves could be similar.
    C) The last option is to make your own using the old one as a pattern. If you check out Youtube, there is an episode called " Kenneys Monster Garage" where he shows how he made his own out of 1x3 box tubing. Good luck I hope this helps.

5. FlatheadFanFromMI

FlatheadFanFromMI