Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Guys Need Y-Block INFO HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WilliesDaytona, May 5, 2010.

1. I was contacted to come look at a 1957 Ford Custom 2 dr sedan that a friend of a friend is thinking about selling, his grandfather bought the car new in 1957 and it has a 312 engine with chrome valve covers that say t-bird special, but here is the real kicker that has me puzzled, it has a Cast Iron Ford 3-2bbl intake and carbs, that is supposed to have been on it since Day 1, the car has a 3 speed manual trans and is said to have been a special order car... My questions are

Was this 3 duece induction available in 1957?

How rare is this animal if it is real ?

Is there any codes that would tell me if this is the real deal if this was an option?

Thanks in advance

2. Fairlane

Fairlane
    from Australia

I seem to remember this question coming up before. Try the search function. I can't remember what the end result was. I know some said it was available and others said it was not. Either way cool setup.

3. metalman

metalman

I'm curious too only because I saw a cast iron 3 duece y-block intake at the swap meet last weekend, looked like a factory piece but never heard of such an amimal.

4. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

My uncle had a 1957 fairlane 500 rag top that had the 312 3 two setup. He bought it new and it was a special Ed. car. I remember that it sat low like the T bird. The car was white with the 312 3 speed trans. The Engine was suppose to be a 312 Nascar motor. He sold the car back in the mid 70's. Next time I see him I will have to ask what it was.

5. 65COMET

65COMET

Go to Y-blocksforever.com , great website for Y-Block info. I have seen factory 3 duece manifolds on 57 Mercs with the 430 Lincoln engine but not a Ford.It sounds like a cool 57 Ford. ROY.

6. Thumper

Thumper