Register now to get rid of these ads!

ford flathead oil pan tube?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by prpmmp, Mar 6, 2013.

1. prpmmp

prpmmp

Hi All!! Does anyone know what this tube might be for in the front of a oil pan for a flathead? Also it has a fullflow oil system and the fitting that goes thru the oil pan has a nylon washer(pictures I've seen show it on the out side)do I need one on the inside also(no instructions) plus reading Frank Oddo's book, on page 93 it shows a plug going in the block where the old oil filter drained back,is this correct? All the searches I've done shows no .Hope the pictures show what I'm asking. Thanks Pete

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  2. prpmmp

prpmmp

Hope this works!! It didn't,I give up! I'll have to wait till son gets home. Pete

3. Nope, didn't work. Try again.

4. prpmmp

prpmmp

[​IMG]http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/ppmefc/IMG_1260.jpg[/IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have no idea what the purpose of that tube was, :confused: but it dosen't belong there. I would remove it and weld up the hole.

If you look on page 90 ,(of the Oddo book) you'll read about and see the nylon washer that goes to the inside.

The picture on page 93 shows the 1/4" pipe plug sealing off the original oil exit from pump to the filter and sender. (the text is wrong in this case) Take some time to reread the design and installation of mark's full flow system. :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  6. prpmmp

prpmmp

Hey Bob!! Thanks!! I'll plug the tube. I see in the pictures on page 90 they mention the nylon washer going on the inside of the pan,and on page 93 it looks as if there is a nylon washer that goes on the outside also,I only have one washer so I need 2? (I have no instruction to go by) Thanks again!! Pete