Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Ford Flathead Hilborn Fuel Injection early version

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by ronnieroadster, Nov 9, 2021.

1. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

City: Wallingford

State: Connecticut
    Price: 1800.00
    Here's the early version of the iconic Hilborn Travers Fuel Injection serial number 131. The history behind this injection goes like this. The race car the injected flathead was in was involved in a bad wreck. The injection pump that was mounted to a bracket that was bolted to the right front of the injector base was ripped off in the wreck. This caused damage to that front area of the injection base. This area has been repaired.
    In the picture you can see the Hiborn name is missing the last letter and the area where the Travers name would be located is the area repaired after the wreck. The photo of the bottom shows the repaired area which thankfully did involve any of the throttle shaft casting. The base casting and repaired area after the repair remains flat. Other than the repaired area this injection is in great shape.
    There's no reason why the injection cannot be used once the old style injectors are replaced and new fuel lines are added these items are easy to get. The barrel valve linkage is the only part needed the arms for the barrel valve are there. All the other linkage is there and everything moves freely working as designed. The base casting has been lightly polished.
    If this injection was perfect the price would be much higher. However due to the repair this obviously has taken away some value. I'm asking $1800.00 for this piece of very early Hot Rod history I'm open to offers. Shipping would be extra. lease send me PM if interested. IMG_0491.jpg

Attached Files:

Scotty's Garage!, bowie and Burtzz like this.