Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Ford Flathead Engine - 1939

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by Flatheadguy, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

City: Grant

State: Nebraska
    Price: $2000
    Flathead Eng two.jpg 39 Flathead.jpg Second time for this ad.....a second "buyer" is flaking out on me. So.............here 'tis.....
    This engine was removed from my 39 Tudor two years ago. Stored in a climate controlled
    shop. It ran extremely well. Removed because a "buyer" wanted it. I installed another flathead in the 39. I took a small deposit (too small), removed it from the car and never
    heard from him again. It's a basically stock engine. Excellent compression. Does not overheat, burns one qt. of oil every 450 miles. No smoke. No oil leaks. Equipped with Weiand heads and three carbs. Includes the alternator and offset alternator mount (custom made). The Speedway electronic distributor has been used on the 39 engine. Fuel pump stand is blocked off (no pump). Otherwise, it's complete from carbs to oil pan, clutch assembly to the fan. Pretty damn firm price. Will crate or palletize and will load. Cost of shipping, not my end of the deal.
    I am located in southwestern Nebraska. Three hours east from Denver and three hours west of Omaha. I can deliver to Grand Island in December when I have an appointment with the VA hospital.
    Bill

2. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

The engine may be sold to the purchaser mentioned above. Evidently the appearance of this second ad has lit a fire under him. A further deposit has been received. So, for now, a sale is pending. I would cancel this ad but see no way to do so with the "New HAMB".
    Consider this ad deleted (even though it's still here....ARRGGGHH!!)