Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford filler plug

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 00-DIRT, May 5, 2012.

1. 00-DIRT

00-DIRT

I am looking for an item for my cousin. He has an early 50's ford 9 in. and needs the filler plug for it. he recently removed the old one which i guess took some doin and i believe isnt reusable or he prefers to put a new one in. Doesnt anybody know where i can even look to try and find on?

thanks in advance

Dirt

2. Bring whatever is left of the old one to a plumbing supply store and have them match it up. It's a standard pipe-plug size. They should carry the allen-key type.

Bob

3. bald_and_grumpy

bald_and_grumpy

LMC also carries them, just in case you don't have indoor plumbing in that part of Ohio.

4. 65COMET

65COMET

3/8ths pipe plug!

5. aaggie

aaggie

Early 50s would not be a 9", they started in '57. It should be a standard pipe plug available at any hardware store.

6. 00-DIRT

00-DIRT

Thanks guys, He was told 49 to 55 for his brake shoes so he didnt know but he got it, thanks to you guys.

thanks again

dirt

7. oj

oj

I recall early 9" had a plug in the rear, likely 1/2" or so, larger than the filler plug in front - so to home depot etc and get both sizes, they're cheap.