Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ford ECG-6 and Holley 2110 throttle plates?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 35chevy, Feb 17, 2018.

1. 35chevy

35chevy

Hey guys. I hate to ask carburetor questions when there are so many on here, but there is a lot of talk about Ford 94's and Holley 2100's but not too much I can find on the later, larger 3 bolt carburetors. The bases on these carburetors have 1 3/8 bores, and the Ford 94 and Holley 2100 carburetors have smaller 1 1/8. I am trying to put together a 3x2 setup for a Y-Block. I have a Edelbrock 573 intake, that is made for these larger bases. I have a few of the 1 1/16 venturi '56 model ECG-6 carburetors to build.
    I talked to Charlie at Vintage Speed, and he said he could cut plates for them and convert two of them to true secondary bases for around $90 each. My first concern is that some on here love him, and some hate him.
    So on to my questions...
    Does anyone make 12 degree throttle plates for these carburetors? They are readily available for the smaller bases, but I have not seen them for the 1 3/8 bases.
    If I send the bases out to someone, who else can do the work?
    If I do send them to someone, what modifications can I expect them to make to the bases to convert them to what Charlie called "true secondary"?
    Ted Eaton has a article about converting the primary base to ported vacuum to work with the '57-up Y-Block distributors. Is there anything else you guys can tell me about these larger carburetors that would be different than any other 3x2 build using the 94's? Thanks to you all.

2. Go to the Ford Barn, and look up Charlie NY. He is probably the best carburetor person for the 94 type carburetors. He is a stand up guy, and a craftsman, too.

3. flatjack

flatjack

I'll second that.

4. 35chevy

35chevy

I registered over at Ford Barn. Waiting on the moderators to let me in...