Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Carburetor ID Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LIVFRD, Sep 23, 2013.

1. LIVFRD

LIVFRD

Can anyone tell me if Ford used a Holley 94 carb stamped ECG on one side and script Ford on the other on a 239 Y Block in 1954? My research points me to '55 for the first appearance of the ECG. Is this original or a replacement?

I thought the power train for my truck was pretty original but the more I poke around and learn, the more it looks like decades of pricing stuff together.

Thanks

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379982928.473731.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379982943.301063.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. hoop98

hoop98
    from Texas

Your info seems correct, here are the 54-57 Carb applications.

Attached Files:

3. LIVFRD

LIVFRD

Thanks!

Of course, this adds to the questions. All the designations have a 4th letter after a dash... ECG-M, for example. Mine is just ECG. Are there more casting marks somewhere I'm not seeing?

I've also heard that back in the day, at the end of a reduction year they might start using some next years parts. Could be that this is what happened here?

4. LIVFRD

LIVFRD

Sorry guys, I just realized I've left some critical info off this post... Trying to id and check the originality of the carb in my '54 F100 w/ 239 Y Block. The truck has had some tinkering done, but nothing crazy. The rear end was swapped at one point but gears feel like OEM. That type of stuff. Repairs... I'm trying to track what is original to the truck and what has been swapped out over time.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013

5. hoop98

hoop98
    from Texas

Look on the bump above the main jets for a stamping. otherwise there were tags as far as I know. Some expert may have more.