Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ford 9" Posi Ham Source?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobss396, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Yes... I did a search and browsed the Alliance vendors first. I'm looking for an online source and prefer someone who can get it right the 1st time. An eBay vendor would be good. I just need a Ford 9" posi ham, ready to plug and play. I'd be interested in a used one if it was in good condition.

I have to decide on the ratio once I take it apart. Axles are 28 spline and the pinion yoke is the 1310 series and short. This is going into my '59 Ford.

Thanks!

2. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

3. Jeremy Jalopies

Jeremy Jalopies

I just ordered my 3rd member from QP as well. Should be here soon.

bobss396 likes this.
  4. Thanks, just loaded it up from their menu and it came to $945, nothing special, True Trac was $546, was yours a spool?

Aaaaahhhh found it, thanks again. I had picked the Eaton unit. $820 it is. Once I know what I want I'll talk to them. $47 to ship, not too shabby.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017

5. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Last year I bought a kit for my 8" Ford from QP that came with a Yukon Trac-Loc, Richmond gears, Timken bearings and all the small stuff to complete the job. Quality parts at a good price.

bobss396 likes this.
  6. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A while ago there was a thread here or maybe the Barn (can't remember which) about a guy that was having issues with a rear end he bought from a different vendor and this company stepped up and offered to make things right. Seemed like a stand up company which is why I kept the link. Might be worth checking them out.
    http://www.johnsindustries.com/
    800-332-3450 TECH LINE: 906-265-9999

bobss396 likes this.
  7. Do you have an idea as to what ratio you will use ?
    I don't understand why you must disassemble, before determining the ratio you want.
    Am I missing something here today ?
    I do have a 3:50 posi, with 290 miles on it, my reason for asking the above.

8. 5window

5window

"Ford 9" Posi Ham Source?" The 9" came on some pigs, but I think you meant "HAMB"?
    :)

bobss396 likes this.
  9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Summit sells house brand 28 spline trac locks real cheap. If I was at home, I'd post a link.

10. I tried counting turns & everything.. I am dyslexic and kept coming up with weird numbers. By the VIN code it should have a 3.56, by a gear ratio formula (based on tire size, speed, etc) it should be a 3.70. I have to take it out sooner or later and sooner works best since the weather here is taking a massive shit. I want either a 3.90 or 4.10.

falcongeorge likes this.
  11. I'm looking for the whole thing, right now I have more $$ than I do time. I plan to go through the old one anyway and may make that a posi as well.

12. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

George, Does that TracLock have clutch plates?

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ah, ok, I see.
    Yes.