Register now to get rid of these ads!

For ALL You FNG's...How'd You Find The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jan 28, 2009.

1. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

A lot of mention of this place on Oldminibikes.com as well.

2. colin455

colin455
    from Alberta

Actually I found it in passing conversation on other site. Still here, still reading, still learning. Can't remember what the other site was though. Guess that tells you something, doesn't it? Got a '53 Canadian Pontiac/Chev Chieftan/Belair now. Trying to rebuild her but can't decipher VIN tag. Its all a learning curve. And I really like curves.

3. 55 buick

55 buick

a hot rod Pal of mine called the tinmann told me about it

4. rcoffey

rcoffey

I went to the good guys carshow at the race track in ft. worthand saw allof these kool cars with hamb dash plates on them and just knew it was kool.so I checked out the sight ,mostly trolling but Iplan on becoming an alliance member and posting some tech items as well.too many projects&not enough time,you cant save them all?OR CAN YOU!!

5. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

Seems that about every third or fourth google search I did lead me to some thread on the HAMB. I then bookmarked the site and realized I had found my people and joined. :D

6. old lady's mad

old lady's mad

like most others , google . i forget what info i was searching for , but it showed a link on here . been lurking ever since . i love old cars , but make my living on new ones .

7. Googled Christmas Ham and this place popped up !! You gotta wonder ?? >>>>.

8. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

On google, looking for an old mik truck or delivery van.

9. 4t7flat

4t7flat

I have been a long time member of the 32-53 flathead site, under the ID "RESTORODDER" . They are always referring to this site. I always had trouble following this site,Too much chit chat, and the threads move so fast I can't keep up. However my newest car has a 392 Hemi and pushbutton Torqueflite, I can't ask the flatheaders for help with that.I have three cars, all "old school",but Finished.

10. shortbed65

shortbed65
    from ne Ill

Found my way here from chevytalk , like alot of you was lurking now cant shake it off...

11. badsam56

badsam56
    from MS

Looking for sites about the MOPAR Poly engines. I love all the old boat anchors. Y-block Fords, Murcury, MEL, early Olds, Caddy, Pontiac, Packard, Hudson and Mother MOPAR. Especially the forgotten performance models like the one off NASCAR Specials.

12. leachafreak

leachafreak
    from dayton,oh

i found the site thru a buddy of mine who builds rods and customs.he does awsome metal work.(bonifyd customs in fairborne,oh) i needed some parts and he said to look on the hamb.i dont post much unless i cant find a post to answer my question. i just mainly search around and try to suck up knowledge.

13. marked cards

marked cards

Got a tickle from the volksrods site, now its practically a 2nd job, but with better coffee

14. CadillacCorey

CadillacCorey

Couldn't find shit for information on my Cadillac till I found this site... Then I did something real stupid. I looked in the classifieds, and been stuck ever since.

15. Budro35

Budro35

It is all LOBUCROD'S fault!!! I can blame his sorry ass for subjecting me to such brain punishment.

There is nothing better than the HAMB!!!

16. rallisracing

rallisracing

Larry T. and Google..and now its become an addiction. I can't finish the car cause I'm on here alot. But I have learned so much.

17. BUTCHER WILL

BUTCHER WILL

I saw a guy a few years ago wearing a H.A.M.B. shirt at a Turlock swap meet and thought that i should check it out! Haven't left since!

18. Lookin for inspiration on my 59 Plymouth and found it while surfing. I plan to stay as long as it's here.

19. pitman

pitman

I suppose the draw was reading the exploits...err wisdom of; Royalshifter, Breeder, Plowboy and Squirrel!
    A motley crew of Unusual suspects.;)

20. el conejo 1964

el conejo 1964

googled "nailhead generator bracket" or something. right away, got some great advice and laughed my ass off a few times as well. man, some of you dust-farters can be ruthless...

i plan on staying around.

21. jville_hot_skater

jville_hot_skater
    from jville

the hamb was like a calling, this place is pretty inspiring...i just came across it one day looking for hot rod ideas.

22. the lights

the lights

I was introduced to it from people at a chevy truck site. a lot of good ideas and what not going on in here.

23. joemarsicano

joemarsicano
    from Palmyra PA

Vintage Sprint Car Pic thread.

24. A friend of mine passed it along to me. It was actually the Jalopy Journal as we both have older bikes, and then I got onto the HAMB from there.

Great site!!!

25. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

I heard about it from my ma, and so I been readin stuff on here since I was about 12 or sumtin. Its just a wonderful place with more information than you could throw a book at, literally. I've learned more from here than I have anywhere else.

26. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

I was edjumacating myself on old cars by doing searches on Google. Links to the HAMB kept coming up and I thought, "WTF is that place?" I may have seen it mentioned in either Street Rodder or R&C. I signed up last year and have been slowly reeled in over the past few months. It's kind of evil how this places sneaks up on you and the next thing you know you're addicted. So many knowledgeable people here and yes, I am sticking around.

27. smithchassisandmetalworks

smithchassisandmetalworks
    from louisville

started reading in '05 thanks to a tip from a few locals, signed up in '07

28. silverdome

silverdome

A couple of guys that come into the machine shop where I work told me about the H.A.M.B. drags. I've been into old cars forever, because of my fathers love for them. So I went to the drags and I was hooked. I joined then got a chance to run my '48 Plymouth against my brothers '33 Plymouth, both stockers that our Dad left to us, my Dad was smilin' in heaven I'll bet. Now my brother has joined and so it goes.

29. '47chev

'47chev

been lurking for a bit found the site through a friend, really should post more but don't have much to offer being a dumbass and all

30. Irish

Irish

I found it surfing for hotrod stuff a few years ago and joined