Register now to get rid of these ads!

FNG From Independence, KS

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by mac762, Feb 14, 2008.

1. mac762

mac762

Hi everybody, My name is Josh. I'm a low buck guy. I have a BB 66 Camino, I know it's a little too new, but that's what I got to wrench on. I also have a 50s Lloyd that was a local street racer from the 60s with a lot of history. But it also is gonna take a lot of work so it's on the rear burner. Hell, untill it gets warmer or I get a lot richer (not gonna happen), the 66 is on the back burner too. Slowly but Shurley...
    I don't post much here. I mostly listen and look. I actually got intoduced to this place by way of the HAMB drags at Mokan. I've been to the last 3 and don't plan on missing any. That's a good time. I hope to run something there one of these days.
    I've always been into 60s style cars, always love Caminos, old trucks, 60s Vans. I dig straight axle cars as long as they're not ridiculous looking and I'm starting to look at customs more. I especially dig the paint. And I do believe that going fast is looking good.
    I'm a member over at the TLB homepage and Duckus Crapus and I know some of you guys from there. Thanks for letting me hang out and I'll be seeing you guys and gals around.

Later Josh.

PS Good to see that a lot of guys are from the Midwest esp. OK and KS.

2. NoSurf

NoSurf

3. mac762

mac762

Thanks for the welcomes guys. Later Josh

4. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

another welcome from Abilene, KS

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Welcome Josh. Make sure you make the Stray kat 500 in Dewey OK the first weekend in May. I used to live in Bartlesville, and my wife's sister lived in Independence (her sister taught at the Lutheran school) The Oldies 'n Goodies Car Club used to get up early on Sat, eat breakfast in B'ville, and then cruise up to Independence to eat lunch at the Custom Grill. We used to visit the zoo, too.

6. guiseart

guiseart

Welcome Josh... nice intro.

7. Kustomz

Kustomz

Welcome from Bartlesville, OK. I grew up in Independence and have family there.