Register now to get rid of these ads!

FNG from FNJ

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by gas pumper, Aug 13, 2007.

1. gas pumper

gas pumper

Another old newbie, I've been lurking awhile and like what i see here. Thanks to Ryan for building this great site.

I got a 54 Chevy 210 2 door post. Bought it in maybe 90 or 91. It was cosmetically restored (fresh paint, very little rust)when I got it. It was a 235, powerglide, powersteering car.
    It's now got a 58 235, two model B rochesters, Fenton ex, Howards cam, Saginaw 4 speed, and a Nova 10 bolt rear. Still got the power seering.
    Can't do the car show thing, don't like billet and checkbook racers.
    So I started drag racing this season, figuring not much can go wrong with the small amount of power i'm making. The first pass down Island Dragway was a 20 second run. I'm now at 17.48 and 79.33.
    I think it has a 17.1 in it when the weather cools off.

lemme see if I can get a pic up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guess not, gonna hafta figure this out later, meantime, click on the link. That should work.

Frank

2. Welcome aboard from Kansas. I was in Jersey once.... My next door neighbor has a 3rd owner 1953 Chevy 2 door. It's first owner was...yes, titled to none other than Harry Potter! I wish I could sue them movie makers and book writers. The H.A.M.B. is the place to be

3. welcome from hatboro pa

4. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

Frank you are the guy I meet at the track ?Glad to see you here.Guys, Frank ain't no ratrod poser,Meet him at Island dragway running his car not talking about it.

5. gas pumper

gas pumper

[​IMG]
    Yup, that's me, I ain't real fast, but i'm havin a lot of fun. I get to spend a whole lot of time on the racetrack:D (runnin 17's)

I'll probably be at Gezzers race at maple grove helping with my friends funny car. And then the old time drags at Island the next day with the Chevy. Maybe I'll see ya,

Frank