Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods FLORIDA FOLKS QUESTION

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PHIL COOPY, Oct 14, 2017.

1. PHIL COOPY

PHIL COOPY
    Member Emeritus

It was ok to restore a '34 tag when I lived in Virginia. I have a 1927 Florida Tag for my '27 Tudor. Is it ok (legal) to restore a tag in Florida.
    IMG_1015.JPG

2. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Nope, send it in that way and see if they will issue a sticker for it. When you get it back then do what you want with it. You have to call DMV to get the proper paperwork to send it in.

3. They may not accept it because it has too much rust.
    I would soak it in vinegar or molasses before sending it in.
    I got the form from the DMV office and cannot find it online.

4. Wayne67vert

Wayne67vert

The web site states no restored tags allowed, they are considered altered. However the clerks are not strict about this.

I recently did this for my "38 Chevy truck. I restored it using the wrong color for the numbers. I visited the office in Tallahassee. The clerk told me to come back when it has the correct color. Two days later I had my tag authenticated and a sticker for the next year.

5. VonGhoul

VonGhoul
    from SW Florida

First you need to send the tag to TALLAHA..., but you need write a not saying you want this plate authenticated. If the '27 is already registered send in the registration, note, and about 40 bucks. They will authenticate the plate if its not registered to some body else. When the plate comes back peel the sticker off, and powder coat, paint, pinstripe, or leave it like a piece of burnt toast like I did because that plate is yours. It does not belong to the state. Its you plate! I got 3 cars with with my plates '37, '62, '49, and another '49 and '62!

Roadster pu 1929 likes this.
  6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Wish CA. had sane 'overseers'...