Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flexible Fuel Hose

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DanBabb, Feb 25, 2011.

1. I'm driving myself nuts trying to make a hard line for my fuel. I have a couple tight bends I need to make and am not 100% happy with my latest attempt at bending the line.

The fuel line from the filter to the fuel pump isn't that long...maybe 3 feet. Any reason I can't use flexible fuel hose for that line?

It will be hidden in the frame, so I'm not worried about it looking cheezy...just want it to be effective.

I will travel in front of the oil pan, and the frame rail isn't right near the exhaust manifold..but it's close. Not sure if heat is going to be an issue.

Other than the rubber fuel hose you can get at NAPA, is there a better hose for this purpose?

2. pcterm2

pcterm2

:eek:my 2 cents only,with all the hard work involved ,go with the steel tubing ,only way to be sure of any chafing or wear thru on the hose.

3. Napa carries a rubber hose that is cloth covered to resist abrasion. I am using it for the soft mounting areas on my truck. I don't have a part number but give your counter guy a call.

Here is a pic of it ( in between the filter and pump.)

[​IMG]

4. Any high quality tubing bender should be able to make the bends you need in steel line. I use ones made by Rigid and Matco and can make pretty damn tight bends without kinking.

5. Dan, if it were me, since you will have it hidden inside the frame rail, I would get the rubber fuel hose, slide it inside a length of heater hose and leave about 2 inches out on each end to clamp. By the time it wears thru the heater hose, we won't have gas anymore anyways.....:D

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Pack sand....:eek:
    no im not insulting you:D

if you fill the line with sand and cap it, it wont kink:cool:

(remember to get all the sand back out, thats not rocket surgery either)

just a thought...or SS braided line