Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fleetline doors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tore, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Tore

Tore

I`m in need for some new doors on my 50 Fleetline
    Do the doors from a two door sedan fit ? and the same goes fore the front fenders.

2. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

I think the front fenders are the same . But I dont think the doors will work . I know the one frome my old coupe were different than my fleetlines.

3. Tore

Tore

4. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

the doors are fleetline only

5. Squablow

Squablow

Front fenders are going to be 49-50 only, 51 and 52 front fenders are different.

The doors are going to be Fleetline only, but I think all 49-52 Fleetline doors should be the same, except for the trim holes. Someone should correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.

6. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

I have seen a 52 chevy sedan with a 49 doghouse on it , It looked like everything lined up ok to me :confused:

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here's the poop... as stated fleetline doors are different as they slope downwards towards the rear. ... they are also actually lower towards the front too and I'm almost certain the wing windows are different. I know for sure the fleetline windshield is 1" or so shorter then the "styline" coupes and sedans. I got a fleetline door that is so cherry I'm going to cut the top off and weld on the top of my coupe door to put it on the car...

as for the front sheetmetal... you can put the 49 - 50 fenders on a 51 - 52 provided you retain the grille that went to the fenders. front splashpans are year specific also. hoods all interchange. all bodystyles for every given year used the same fenders.

the riveted on front part of the inner fenderwells may have to be changed between the two styles to go with whatever fendr/grille you are using... not 100% sure on that one.