Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead V8 Guy a field in Alberta

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Backtoflatheads, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Backtoflatheads

Backtoflatheads

:D
    Well, after contemplating it for a long time, I'm getting back to what started the car thing for me in the first place:cool: !
    Hot rod Ford flathead V8's !!! ... so now, I think I might be worthy to be here:cool:

I've been into the 59-64 Chevy / CDN Pontiac 409 and 348 cars VERY heavily for the past 25 years. I have a 62 BelAir sport coupe ( 2 dr hardtop ), 409HP 409, Jerico 4 speed, that is prepared for NHRA / IHRA Stock Eliminator drag racing. Looks like I may FINALLY have gotten ther traction issue sorted out, so after I re-assemble it over the next couple months, I hope to run it in a few NHRA / IHRA events here in Division 6. In Mission BC, it should be capable of high 10's @ around 121-122 MPH... making it the fastest / quickest qualified 409 Stocker of all time.
    great:rolleyes:

enough of that:eek:

At the end of this season ( 2008 ), I will be hanging up the 409 valve covers. It's time to get back to what got me into cars in the first place:cool:..... Fat fendered Ford / Merc flathead V8 cars and trucks !

I've had my 35 Ford 3W since December 17th, 1991. Haven't done anything with it, except install a set of Evans high comp heads, my own tube headers, and put the car in black primer.
    It's time to get serious.
    Been into flatheads all along ( despite me "tour of duty" with 348/409 cars ). The new engine for the coupe will NOT be stock:eek:;)
    Starting with a 1946 Canadian ( actually out of a Mercury 1 ton truck ) 59A block.

Anyhow... that's my introduction... for what it's worth:p

2. If you are who I think you are, there are a lot of W-guys onhere who would benefit from your experience. Post some stuff on the main board, Aubrey.

3. Backtoflatheads

Backtoflatheads

Thanks, Mr57:D

I've been trying to navigate around this site for the past few days. The pages seem to be VERY slow loading for me... 15-30 seconds each ( I have ADSL hig speed Internet ).
    Not sure what the main board is ? !

oh, 409's ?
    This is the race car:

[​IMG]

4. Hanky

Hanky
    from Sweden

Welcome nice with more flathead guys, you have come too the right place