Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Flathead time cover seal kit

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 29ron, Dec 14, 2019.

1. 29ron

29ron

Has any body used one of these flathead timing cover pulley repair kits? Did you have to machine your pulley![​IMG][​IMG]

2. leon bee

leon bee

I've used two of them, but both of em the pulley and that sleeve was 2 pieces. Isn't that speedi-sleeve just for the pulley if it's one piece?

3. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never used one because I have never had trouble with the front seal on a flathead leaking. Now the rear, that's another story. On my last build, I got it right (followed the instructions that came with the Fel-Pro gasket set). I think the one piece seal is a solution searching for a problem.

4. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

I just used the one piece seal on a fresh flathead and it had the sleeve on the crankshaft. To install it you will have to pull the oil pan, works good but nothing wrong with the two piece rope seal if its installed right.

5. v8flat44

v8flat44

Well some guys i know say the two piece is the better of the two. A few one piece jobs leaked.