Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead T5 adapter Speedway-Offy-Wilcap??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiveohnick2932, Sep 7, 2010.

1. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Im looking at adapters for flathead to s-10 T5. Is the speedway one any good??

2. Retrorod

Retrorod

Which flathead are you working on?

Most of the Speedway stuff is pretty good, Offy stuff has been around forever, all of Pat's parts (Wilcap) are well done.

3. I used an Offy from Speedway before they started making their own. Had no issues with it. Used on a 59 AB with the stock 59AB clutch fork/bearing.

4. white

white
    from bismarck

Try Flatheadjacks.com. Better product-cheaper price.

5. flat34pu

flat34pu

flat-o-matic also has the adapters.
    rich

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  6. Our own Krylon32 makes a first rate adapter. He does business as Cornhusker's Rod & Custom.

7. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Our adaptor pkg. is the most complete on the market and had been proven over the last 15 years. www.cornhuskerrodandcustom.net Thanks. Gary at Cornhusker

8. I'd completely forgotten about the starter issue! That's right. I used a die grinder with a carbide tip to clearance my adapter for starter clearance. JB welded the "tin can" shield back in place afterward...

9. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I want to say I had to do the same on an old original Offy...but it's been ages ago.

To answer the original question - any of them will work. Depending on your particular combo of parts, one may be easier than the other...

10. hotrod8

hotrod8

we used one from cornhuskers , works wonderful, comes with everything but the rear trans mount , bolt on everything fit ! jonnybe