Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Flathead oddball

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Racemaster33, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Racemaster33

Racemaster33
    from Middle TN

I’m trying to identify this flat head Ford intake. It has part numbers on both upper and lower sections but no name. It has a makers mark but I don’t recognize it. I’ve done an internet search with no luck.
    If anybody knows what brand this is I’d love to know.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    catdad49 and RICH B like this.
  2. alchemy

alchemy

The lower half looks very Offenhauser-ish. Are you sure the top bolts to that lower half?

3. Racemaster33

Racemaster33
    from Middle TN

Oh yea, it’s a match top/bottom intake.

4. ERguitar

ERguitar

Interesting. I don't have an answer but I'm looking forward to learning what it is (someone has to know). Specifically what the "unused" bolts holes are for, blower?

Edit, looking again it looks like I was confused by your first picture, you must have the top piece on backwards relative to the bottom. Never mind the unused bolt holes comment.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    autotran and catdad49 like this.

5. moparboy440

moparboy440
    from Finland

Anderson Industries
    [​IMG]

6. Squablow

Squablow

That is a truly unique looking piece, never saw one before. The pics really make it look like the top bolt bosses don't line up with the bottom piece very well. I'd also like to know what the deal is with this intake.

7. catdad49

catdad49

Maybe, interchangeable tops?!

'34 Ratrod and seb fontana like this.
  8. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I see four holes for the fuel pump stand? To rotate for carb clearence?

Racemaster33 likes this.
  9. Racemaster33

Racemaster33
    from Middle TN

10. Racemaster33

Racemaster33
    from Middle TN

What do you know about this intake? Where and when was it made? Yours is the only other one I’ve seen like it. I can’t find one for sale anywhere to get a gauge on it.

loudbang likes this.
  11. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is what I thought as soon as I saw it; I believe the four bolt holes on the fuel pump boss confirm this.

catdad49 and loudbang like this.
  12. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

This intake was made by Anderson Industries from Indiana. The intake base would remain bolted to the engine, and there were three top pieces that were cast, 2x2, 3x2 and the 4 barrel pictured here, that could be unbolted from the base without removing the base from the engine. I believe the original intake package from Anderson Industries consisted of the one base plate and the three removeable tops that would give your your choice of what carburetion you wanted to use. The Anderson name was never cast into any of the tops or bases.

13. mike.PNG Mike Hamel had a photo on a 2015 post.

I want one. What year were they cast?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    Racemaster33 and catdad49 like this.
  14. Anderson Industries 1979 advertisement photo. Is this the same company that manufactured the intake? ander.PNG

15. No, it is not. Anderson Industries Inc. in Maryland was in the fiberglass business. The last that I knew, Dave Anderson is retired and living in Vermont.