Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead in A frame using 32 mounts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beecher, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Beecher

Beecher

has anyone got any pictures of a flatty in a model A frame using the front mounts from a 32? Or info on how you would do it? Would like to do this on a build, but Ive not seen any one do it, Ive tried searching, but didnt find anything. The build I have in mind is an A, but using a lot of 32 parts like brakes, and a v8.

Thanks!

Beech

2. carmuts

carmuts

As I understand it there were afew different styles of 32 mounts. maybe I missunderstood what I have read on Fordbarn. With stuff like this it is important to compare apples to apples. Rod

3. Beecher

Beecher

is there? the ones Im thinking of are just little "L" shaped brakets, then there are the 33/34 style that look a lot like whats on the later waterpumps, and also incorporate the water outlet, perhaps that are later 32? Im not that familiar to be honest

4. carmuts

carmuts

I will try to have a look later when I have time and see what exactly was posted and see if I can find the link. Rod

5. Beecher

Beecher

I tried looking there, but didnt find anything. I did however find something about a 32 chassis, using a model a front crossmember, and the 32 L mounts I was thinking of, so it looks like I can do it, but id be very interested in anything about various motor mounts :)

Thanks, Beech

6. carmuts

carmuts

I did not find the thread I was thinking of, just a thread about the change to the motor mount pad itself and the order of assembly. I may have remembered things wrong. That happens with trying to retain so much info. Rod

7. Beecher

Beecher

I know what you mean! I was out of things for a while, and now Im trying to sort out stuff I used to know! and there is a bit of a new learning curve, now that not everything is 40 ford related lol