Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Flathead head edelbrock id or cc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Easyspeed, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Easyspeed

Easyspeed
    from USA

Hey guys, scored a nice set of edelbrock heads for my build. I’m still learning much about these engines but I’m not completely in the dark. My question is: does the 95 stamp at the base of the water fill neck have any significance? I’m curious as to the size cc of the head.

These heads apear to be a vintage version of the 48 and earlier v8’s. Center fill, and also appear to be ran on a 39-42’ by the looks of the gasket residue. They also have a water port plugged at the end of the head next to the valve portion of the combustion chamber. I’ve read this was to fit up to later 8ba blocks. Which is what I’m intended to use. Any ifo would be great.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. 42merc

42merc

Good looking head.
    Looks like it was used in an 8ba.
    9.5 compression ratio, that means shallow valve pockets.
    Think low lift on your cam choice. Measure depth of pocket to be sure.

3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Just to clarify for my own info Block lettering was the original Edelbrock speed parts then later became script?What year did this change from block to script? Thanks

4. Easyspeed

Easyspeed
    from USA

The block logo may have been the way they were cast back in the 50-60’s I’m not positive.

I wonder where I can find info on these guys. I’m looking at running the kiwi l100 cam

5. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

I want to ask a very stupid question since I know nothing about these motors but looking at pictures it seems like a very advanced design, way ahead of it's time.
    Is it even possible to blow a head gasket with all those studs?
    I assume parts must still be available? I know back in the day if you had a Ford V8 you had something!
    I love the old stuff...
    I'm trying to learn...thanks!