Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead head drawings?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tysond, Oct 14, 2006.

1. tysond

tysond

Has anyone got some drawings of the 24 stud flathead heads? I need the bolt pitchings, and the bore/valve postition in relation to the studs. Is there a book I can get that might have it?

2. Hi: If you happen to get this figured out - would love to have them as well. I'd love to have a CAD drawing! Dale

3. recycler

recycler

I tried about a year ago with no luck. I think the few that have them drew them from heads and hold them tightly. Brad

4. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

5. tysond

tysond

Dave, I saw that, which promted me to think there might be similar thing for the heads.
    I might have to get hold of a head and put it on the Mill and start clocking all the holes up. Im pretty sure there has to be at least 1 old book out there with a sketch in it.

6. Hey Tyson,

Lets us know how you make out dude, I know someone who could be interested in the outcome hehe

Rat

7. If anybody gets some cool drawings with good dimensions, I'll CAD them up and post them.

8. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Problem with CAD drawing the heads is that the early 81a heads were different on right head vs. left because of the different valve angles side to side. Stud holes are the same on these as well as the 59A heads but valve pockets are different. The later heads are different from side to side as well so you’re looking at a lot of work and several drawings; not just one. This does not even consider the 21 stud engines.

9. tysond

tysond

Bttt for one last try. Frank, If no one has one can I borrow some old heads from you to measure up?

10. flatoz

flatoz

tyson,

there are plenty of sketches but not to scale drawnings. an old head isnt a problem. As I discussed with you, I would be interested in doing this.

cheers.

11. tysond

tysond

Hey Flatoz. I found some steel at work we may be able to use aswell. It's leftover from a tool we did ages ago, because we work with such big blocks off steel our off cuts can be useful. it's about 30mm thick, so I could mill it down to how ever thick you want to use.

12. fatalistic_me

fatalistic_me

Did anyone ever come up with any CAD drawings? Am still looking for them!