Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead Dual Generators - as big here as in Australia?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Goober, Mar 1, 2009.

1. In the excellent book Australia's Hot Rod Pioneers I noticed several Aussie flathead powered rods with twin generators and I don't really recall seeing such setups on American rods back in the day. Is my memory foggy, or was this a unique to Australia mod and was it driven by function or looks?:confused:
    [​IMG]

2. wedgeii1

wedgeii1
    from california

Looks like that car has a few things that it doesnt need...

3. alchemy

alchemy

Extra headlights, extra shocks, extra gauges, fenders plus mudflaps. Sure, what's another generator too?

4. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

That thing is nuts... but you know SOMEONE is saving this picture right now so they can toss it out during an argument about four bars being "traditional" or not. :)

5. banjorear

banjorear

Maybe it was owned by twins who couldn't agree on what side to offset the generator. Apparently they couldn't decide on a lot of things on that car.

6. NealinCA

NealinCA

I think that car was used in a TV commercial...

"Double Your Pleasure, Double Your Fun™"

7. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

the two generators thing was an early 12v conversion. they would take two six volt generators and wire them up in series to make the 12 volts.

the same guy who developed the conversion gave me a sweet deal on the brooklyn bridge lol