Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead Dragster ID Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jadegrenade 51, Jun 4, 2013.

1. My good friend saved this car a few years ago when it was on its way to the scrap yard. Most of the parts are there except the motor and tranny and he would like to return it to its former glory. Does anyone know who owned the car or any history on it? Any help is greatly appreciated! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1370395869.319157.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1370395892.801339.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

If it's from the PA area contact Goldy on here ,he might know , also he has a thread going about the cars from that area, Tim Jones

3. Thank you Tim. Nobody seems to know anything about the car but it was found in the Pittsburgh area where we're from.

4. F&J

F&J

In my area, I would have gone to the older car clubs to talk with the older and oldest members. They pretty much know every local car from back then, especially a car that is a bit easy to recollect like that one.

Do you have any older friends in your area, to start asking about older car club members from back then?

5. Talked to many different people but the car is a big mystery. Even sent out a mass email to the guys who used to race at Pittsburgh International Dragway and came up empty.

6. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA