Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead 3/4 grind cam...from Montgomery Wards??!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clark, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Clark

Clark

We found a 3/4 grind cam for a flathead from Montgomery Wards. We'd like to use it but don't have any more info on it. It would be nice to know the lift and all that crap. The numbers on the box are 4-956. The number between the 4 and 9 is illegible. Any clue who would have made the cam?
    Thanks Clark

2. mike hohnstein

mike hohnstein
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

When dealing with a mystery cam place it in a short block or at least crank and #1 piston/rod assy and degree that puppy, then you will know. Might take a little time but that's the way. We used to check things on V-blocks but in the short block is easy for me.

3. Clark

Clark

I think racer brown is in Rosedale (Baltimore) Md.
    Clark

4. Clark

Clark

Where are all of the flayhead experts?

5. flathead4d

flathead4d

On the fordbarn.com

6. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Clark , It's not hard to figure out the specs on a cam . If you have the block and crank the rest is fairly simply to do . You will need a degree wheel and a dial indicator to figure out the cam specs . Pretty kool find I must say . Places like Montgomery Wards and Sears sold just about everything back i the day . Many ordered those things from the catalogs they got . More than likely it will be a stock grind but never know . Certainly a great items for the garage art wall for sure !

Retro Jim

7. krooser

krooser

I think they used those in flattie powered washing machines....

8. jack orchard

jack orchard

i'fn all the bumps mic to the same dimension +or- .001", i would run it in any mostly stock rebuild. i bet it runs great