Register now to get rid of these ads!

FlatCad Racing's Quest for 200 MPH-a Cadillac Flathead Story!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38FLATTIE, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Man, job changes galore, me as well! Is Buddy still drilling?

fenderless likes this.
  2. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Yes, but now is in Texas. no Mohawk just a 10 gallon Hats and shit kickers

3. God - now that was a visual . . . just when I thought I'd seen it all (the orange Mohawk) - guess that hat will cover that sucker next year!

Hmmmmmmm . . . You know what they say in Texas about the guys wearing the 'Big Hats'! :):

4. Hey Kjiel - with a name like 'B&S' - it has to be good . . .

B&S

5. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Yes D;) Everything With that intials IS good;) You know my last name B.S.... and this guy here on the HAMB B&S and now B&S (aka. Briggs & Stratton):):):)

KBS

6. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Hello All. Well another year of no racing :( so the team has made a decision to make some minor and major changes to the car this coming year.. along with the changes to the car we also added A new Team member we feel is a great addition !!! My Daughter Melissa is now the Social media Director for the team She has started the Flatcad Facebook page and will keep it updated as we move forward with the upgrades to the car and work with our current sponsors, set up events, and work with potential sponsors. as for the changes we will be making to the car please check out our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/flatcadraceteam here is a hint to the upcoming changes ( we will tank some ideas as we fly along switching gears and pumping hard twards our goals )
    see ya on facebook....

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    spot likes this.
  7. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

I love Flathead Cad Engines!!!!!!!

8. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

caddy

Attached Files:

9. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Your welcome to stop by when ever you are in Modesto area

10. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I received this email today from El Mirage. Looks as though Flatcad got pretty hot. I did not get any explanation with the picture. image1.JPG

loudbang likes this.
  11. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rich, I sure don't like the looks of that dented injector hat. I don't see roof damage tho. The dirt isn't kind to everyone, once you get running pretty fast things happen fast too. JD

12. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I think it is melted, not bent. Hopefully some Flatcad people will chime in here when they feel like it.

loudbang likes this.
  13. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Apparently a fuel leak.

14. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

That suckith.

loudbang likes this.
  15. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Well folks we had a toasty time at el mirage we did run 168 but there was a fuel fire at the end thanks to the safety crews and everyone involved with scta no one was hurt and the car isn't too bad considering what it could have been the pics make it look way worse than it actually is granted it's not good but car is repairable and engine is not destroyed we are gonna repair everything and be right back out there we are not exactly sure just yet as to what caused the lean condition that started it all but as we tear into it we will hopefully be able to determine the exact cause to prevent this from ever happening again thanks go out to all that support us and especially the scta safety crew

loudbang and Jiminy like this.
  16. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

The injector hat is not melted that is part of the hood that seals the scoop to the injector there is minor damage to the fiberglass hood and side panels lots of burnt wiring and hoses but no major engine damage that we have found yet

loudbang likes this.
  17. good to hear it's not to bad on the repair side and on the body side no one was hurt....

18. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Shit,sorry, I was crossing my fingers and hoped the best for this weekend. Hope you can get hear back soon !