Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Flat FED build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by roseville carl, Jan 14, 2010.

1. pumpman

pumpman

Damn, I think I had as much fun riding with you as you did hanging on. Great Job!!!

2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

^^ Me too, and those two boys look like racers in the making.

3. CGkidd

CGkidd

Did u forget to start the camera again?

4. CGkidd

CGkidd

Just read earlier post. Cameras and u guys just don't mix. LOL looks like u had fun though

5. No shit Eric, we can't weld with a camera................. just two ol farts futzing with todays shit.

6. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Don't feel bad Carl, Some of the best pics and videos I NEVER shot were because of the same problem,,, ( Shit I thought it was on!! ) Tim Jones

7. Oh Oh...... Huston we have a problem
    Houston we have a problem.jpg
    slight detonation problem

8. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Yeah been there done that got the t shirt wore it out and I'll be damned I got a few more lol Any idea how much boost you. Are running

9. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

whoops that one hurt, how's the heads?

10. Everything is just fine the copper gaskets acted like a fuse ...........
    need to do some work on tuning!!!!!
    way too much spark lead............

11. pumpman

pumpman

Yikes! Talk about cooked. Hope nothing else was toasted.

12. Hey Carl: If you're running race gas, I'd set the timing at 24 initially, then move up to about 26 max. If you're running pump gas, probably start at 20-22. I don't think it will need more than 24-26 total.

13. The plugs must have looked a bit hot - was the plating starting to blister around the bottom edge?

14. Actually Dale the plugs looked fine..........that's why I ran her didn't look to hot to me.... but got around to checking everything today and my timing was way off corrected all that and rejetted the carb to richen her up a bit and now she is ready for the next assult...........:D:D:D
    kinda the shits without a dyno but that's the old school way.............. seat of my pants..........
    will keep a closer eye on things this time....................

15. Well into the sun some rain must fall............
    got back from a car show with the truck n dragster and it looks like my front pump gasket in the c4 in the truck let go..... in the driveway.....ug now have to pull er back apart, damn about 20hrs labor for a 5.00 gasket......... and the beat goes on

16. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Hey Carl. If it was easy, everybody would be doing it. :rolleyes:

17. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

That sucks Carl, Better put the $7 gasket back in it:D:D:D:D,, Sorry payback for telling Beth to run me down with the dragster next time out:D

18. Just lucky she let go in the driveway.......... gasket this time will get a coating of permatex...its a bitch pullin trans on jack stands.... Im getting too old for this shit. Dragster so much easier to work on. However grandson got greasy so it wasn't a complete loss.
    Sorry payback for telling Beth to run me down with the dragster next time out:D
    Did I say that?????:D:D:D

19. old sparks

old sparks

Not trying to change the subject of your thread, but are there more nostalgia drag related going on in our area? In addition to Eagle field, that is. It would be fun to get my car out more often even though at my age, working on it in the shop is great fun. I obviously live in n. ca.

20. Carl, Antique Drags and King if Clubs down this way (San Diego) also. I believe King of Clubs is only twisting weeks away (posting from my phone, can't go look right now) at Barona.

21. old sparks

old sparks

22. Your welcome. Hmm......twisting!?!?!? Mr. Kindle strikes again! That's supposed to read TWO weeks away!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. Grrrr 20 hrs labor a $1.69 damn gasket and the truck is back on the road would have been 18 hrs cept some idiot dropped the trans and a spacer washer fell out that he didn't see fall....... installed trans and noticed spacer washer missing, shit remove trans again place washer in.... put trans back again, maybe I should put wing nuts on it. Remind self to get lift at some point in life as I hate working under jackstands by myself. Did notice hole in Smitty's repair hole while up on stands, todays job, never ending story.
    Will work on wheelie bars for dragster this week any thoughts on bars????

24. Well got started on the whellie bars today and got a visit from Buddy of Flatcad Fame, great day ........ pics later

25. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Good to hear Carl,

26. after two days in da heat.......
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] getting closer.....

27. making bungs outa C4 shaft ........ always good to keep spare shit around ya never what ya can repurpose it for
    [​IMG]
    mounted on attachment plate.....
    [​IMG]
    a little extra support.......
    [​IMG]

28. a little more done.....
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

29. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Carl.

Don't know if you mentioned it or if I missed it, are you still running the Potvin Eliminator in the blown engine?