Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flare tool for "O Ring" 5/8" hard tube

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 39 All Ford, Aug 22, 2010.

1. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

I want to run aluminum 5/8" diameter aluminum tube and terminate the ends with the o ring style ends. I have a kit that will get me to 1/2", but I cant find anything for 5/8", anywhere....

I have seen enough first rate work here that I know that someone can tell me what to use... Once again I turn to the wisdom of the HAMB. :D

I want a nice clean install for my a/c, I want to mostly run hard lines.

Thanks in advance!

2. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

3. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Might have to check your hydraulic supply houses, Brother...................Nothing comes to mind................

What, are you using to get the 1/2" ends terminated so, please sir..............What kind of "kit"?

4. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

LOL well I thought my Mastercool flaring kit was going to work, but, it goes to 1/2" for inverted flare but only to 3/8 on the o-ring type ends, so my hopes of getting to 1/2" didn't work either, but I can do the high pressure side.

Still looking for a solution on the low pressure side.

I went to the Vintage Air website, they have some pre swedged lines in their catalog, but since I have to contact a dealer, get prices, etc, it is kind of a pain in the ass for me to get something close to what I want.

I might end up doing this if I can't find a better solution.

A/C lines are like regular plumbing X 5 for pain in the ass factor.

At this point I would settle for a good place to buy fittings from... :D

5. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

I give up on the flare tool for this project....

I found the Vintage Air hard lines on Summit, price was ok, I am sure all the lines I bought will be less than a flare tool... :D

6. evolvo

evolvo
    from Seattle

7. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Bookmarked, I won't need this today, but I will use the site, much apreciated!

That crap is hard to find with an internet search, thanks again.

8. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I used o-ring ends and some lengths of hard line from Vintage Air, as well as Compressor, condensor, evaporator..I experimented some with solding [bought 3 or 4 brands] but I wasn't confident that I could do a consistant good bond/joint in the time I wanted to devote to learning...I discovered that I was capable of tig welding the ends to the hard lines so thats the way I went..I used alot of aeroquip fittings also and that is real expensive real fast..