Register now to get rid of these ads!

fitting an engine in a 28-29 tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SledKicker, Nov 14, 2012.

1. SledKicker

SledKicker

we're working on a 28 model a sedan build right now. working with a stock frame dropped 8 inches in front and stepped 9 inches in the rear. boxed in.

I haven't been able to get a hold of an engine yet to see how everything is going to fit. we are going with a small block ford v8.

My question to you is, have any of you had to push your body back farther on the frame to give enough engine bay room for an overhead valve v8? the frame is stock length and not z'd in the front.

2. For a new guy, here's some simple info.
    We recess the firewall to accept the longer engine. Some folks use store bought parts like Brookville. Other folks molest a wheelbarrow. Even other folks fab their own stuff and make it look fabulous or excrementus.
    Engine choice and setback decides everything. Purchases and fabrication come later. Some engines are much larger than others.
    Wheelbase mods make for major mods if the choice is to have full fenders and running boards.

3. Did the garden wheelbarrow on mine with a 302.

Attached Files:

4. SledKicker

SledKicker

that looks good tedley, nicejob for sure! how much room did you have from the inside edge of your front crossmember to the flat firewall? i've got 27-28 inches here